Author Topic: Dem leads by 6 points in Pa. special election: poll  (Read 431 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dem leads by 6 points in Pa. special election: poll
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:16:34 pm »
Dem leads by 6 points in Pa. special election: poll
By Lisa Hagen - 03/12/18 01:00 PM EDT

Democrat Conor Lamb is gaining ground in Pennsylvania’s closely watched special election and holds a 6-point lead over Republican Rick Saccone, according to a poll released a day before the race.

A new Monmouth University poll found that, if there’s a surge in Democratic voter turnout on Tuesday, Lamb garners a majority of the vote with 51 percent, compared to Saccone's 45 percent. One percent of voters polled support a third-party candidate, while three percent remain undecided.

But when looking at the race through a lower turnout model that resembles past midterm cycles, Lamb’s lead shrinks to just 2 points, 49 to 47 percent.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/377949-poll-dem-leads-by-6-points-day-before-key-pa-special-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Dem leads by 6 points in Pa. special election: poll
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 05:21:05 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 05:24:28 pm »
I'm being texted now, being asked whether Conor Lamb can count on my support.  I figured the best I could do was to reply that I like it if he's pro-gun.

Trump's campaigning and antics don't seem to have helped Saccone.

@Applewood
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 05:25:25 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mesaclone

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 05:32:30 pm »
I'm being texted now, being asked whether Conor Lamb can count on my support.  I figured the best I could do was to reply that I like it if he's pro-gun.

@Applewood

His campaigning was done in the past 48 hours...how would anyone be able to measure, as of this morning,  if it has had any effect?
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 05:59:50 pm »

@Applewood

When Trump's appearance here was first announced, it was not billed as a stump for Saccone, but rather, a campaign stop for Trump's re-election in 2020.  Somewhere along the line -- probably when it looked like this would be a close race, the visit was then billed as support for Saccone. 

I suppose Trump's fans were impressed, but really, if the vast majority of voters were pleased with his first year in office, I doubt this race would be so close. 

Those people who showed up for the rally -- and I wonder how many were brought in by the unions which dominate Western PA -- don't necessarily represent every voter in PA.  Liberal Democrats rule here, and I know a number of Republicans and independents are not Trump supporters.  So they won't vote for Saccone. 

Like Obama's occasional stumps for Democrat candidates, Trump's visits might actually be the kiss of death for Republican contenders this year.  We shall see.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 06:49:57 pm »
Just got another text from another "Charlesanna," another "volunteer with PA United for Conor Lamb".   Asked if they can count on my support for Conor at the polls tomorrow.  I replied: "Is he really against further gun-control measures?"

No response.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 06:59:44 pm »
I don't care what Connor Lamb says in this campaign -- should he get elected, he will most likely will take the position of Pelosi or whoever in his party is in charge.  He's a young pup and if he wants a plumb committee position, he will do or say what the boss wants.  He's not going to rock the boat. 

I get a kick out of the campaign ads.  One of the attack ads against Saccone talks about how much money he took in per diem while in the state legislature -- on top of the nice salary he gets.  I should think that any voter with half a brain would know that if elected, Connor Lamb isn't going to pass up a nice paycheck plus all the perks and bennies either.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 07:07:32 pm »
I don't care what Connor Lamb says in this campaign -- should he get elected, he will most likely will take the position of Pelosi or whoever in his party is in charge.  He's a young pup and if he wants a plumb committee position, he will do or say what the boss wants.  He's not going to rock the boat.

Of course!

I get a kick out of the campaign ads.  One of the attack ads against Saccone talks about how much money he took in per diem while in the state legislature -- on top of the nice salary he gets.  I should think that any voter with half a brain would know that if elected, Connor Lamb isn't going to pass up a nice paycheck plus all the perks and bennies either.

Yup!

Oh, and I got a reply:

"Great question!  I feel really strongly about this issue too. As a former US Attorney who had to work with police, put away criminals, and soothe the families torn apart by gun violence, Conor believes it is time we start talking about real solutions to this problem that are fair to all sides.  He wants to enforce background check laws, close the gun show loophole, and get real time information about urgent mental health problems to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals and those with mental health problems."
+++++++++

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 07:07:45 pm »
Just got another text from another "Charlesanna," another "volunteer with PA United for Conor Lamb". 

LOL.   I just got one of those from Nichole a volunteer for Beto O'rourke making sure he could count on my support.

I texted back:  Sure I'm registered to vote in FL, Where is Paddy on the ballot?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 07:08:07 pm by Wingnut »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2018, 07:09:06 pm »
LOL.   I just got one of those from Nichole a volunteer for Beto O'rourke making sure he could count on my support.

I texted back:  Sure I'm registered to vote in FL, Where is Paddy on the ballot?
:silly:
+++++++++

Offline Applewood

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »
@Suppressed

A BS reply to your question if I ever saw one.

In other words, Lamb does favor gun control.    And you can be sure he would go along with confiscation if his party leaders insist upon it. 

By the way, how did he "soothe the families torn apart by gun violence?"  LOL

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2018, 09:18:47 pm »
Suckone is barely campaigning out there. He is a loser the the GOP state apparatus jammed us with. He is going to lose his ass out there big time and he deserves to.

Run shitty candidates GOP and this is what happens.

"The reports are all true.....I am a douche."

Offline Applewood

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2018, 11:44:44 pm »
Republicans in this state all might as well be Democrats.  They are all a bunch of worthless liberals. 

I can't vote in this election because I don't reside in that district, but honestly, even if I could, I'd probably sit this election out.  The two choices are just so unappealing. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2018, 11:57:02 pm »
Republicans in this state all might as well be Democrats.  They are all a bunch of worthless liberals. 

Bingo. The state GOP creeps run total garbage candidates even in districts that are Conservative. They suck.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2018, 12:01:02 am »
Suckone is barely campaigning out there. He is a loser the the GOP state apparatus jammed us with. He is going to lose his ass out there big time and he deserves to.

Run shitty candidates GOP and this is what happens.

His Italian cooking is nothing special, either.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.