Author Topic: Rookie Pomona officer killed after suspect fires through a door: 'He left his family at home to prot  (Read 403 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Rookie Pomona officer killed after suspect fires through a door: 'He left his family at home to protect yours'
By Andrea Castillo, Sarah Parvini and Alene Tchekmedyian
Mar 11, 2018 | 5:05 AM

The officers ran into a Pomona apartment building after a pursuit, chasing a suspect who had just crashed nearby and was barricaded in one of the units.

As they approached, gunfire blasted through a door.

Officer Greggory Casillas, a 30-year-old Upland father just six months on the job, was struck and killed. A second officer was shot in the face trying to save him.

Read more (picture of suspect): http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-officer-killed-pomona-20180310-story.html

See picture, the suspect looks like a real piece of work.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Deceased officer was age 30, almost assuredly native born American.

The murderer was age 39, Army vet, said to be  "depressed and a drug addict."

Last night President alluded to the death penalty for drug dealers.

I doubt Tom Brokaw approves of executing the demons that sell drugs, however.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I noticed while watching any of the dozen or so Cop shows, that some officers stand squarely in front of the door when they knock. I would never do that. Only a few officers that I have seen do the side knock, meaning that they stand way off to side and reach over to knock on the door. That is the only way I would do it.

When I see those cops standing square shouldered in front of the door I always cringe a little, expecting a bullet to come flying out any second.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 10:53:00 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.