Author Topic: Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'  (Read 11639 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tom Brokaw rips Trump for calling Chuck Todd a 'son of a bitch': 'Really classy'
By Rebecca Savransky - 03/11/18 08:42 AM EDT

Legendary NBC broadcaster Tom Brokaw criticized President Trump for referring to NBC's Chuck Todd as a "sleeping son of a bitch."

"Pres Trump at a Penn rally calls my colleague and friend Chuck Todd a 'sleeping SON OF A BITCH,'" Brokaw tweeted.

"Really classy. Explain that to your children."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/media/377813-tom-brokaw-rips-trump-for-calling-chuck-todd-son-of-a-bitch-really-classy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
! No longer available

He’s all about class.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 02:42:44 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Really classy. Explain that to your children."

No cares if your heightened sensitivities are bruised, Tommy-boy....least of all the "children" weaned on gangsta rap and bloody video games.  So sit up on your fainting couch, put on your big boy pants, listen up and try to understand what happened last evening.

The President was holding a rally in steel country .... this is key, Tommy-boy --- steel country.

Earlier in the week your pal Chuckie Todd conducted an interview with the president of the United Steel Workers Union that was insulting and condescending.   More here:  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/09/president-of-united-steelworkers-union-members-wont-forget-what-trump-did-he-stopped-wealth-transfer/

The steelworkers did not *appreciate* Chuck Todd's sentiments.

The "son of a bitch" comment from the President validated the steelworkers opinion of Mr. Todd --- they "got" the President's message and loved it!

Now go back to sleep.

! No longer available

Offline Suppressed

No cares if your heightened sensitivities are bruised, Tommy-boy....least of all the "children" weaned on gangsta rap and bloody video games.  So sit up on your fainting couch, put on your big boy pants, listen up and try to understand what happened last evening.

The President was holding a rally in steel country .... this is key, Tommy-boy --- steel country.

Earlier in the week your pal Chuckie Todd conducted an interview with the president of the United Steel Workers Union that was insulting and condescending.   More here:  https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2018/03/09/president-of-united-steelworkers-union-members-wont-forget-what-trump-did-he-stopped-wealth-transfer/

The steelworkers did not *appreciate* Chuck Todd's sentiments.

The "son of a bitch" comment from the President validated the steelworkers opinion of Mr. Todd --- they "got" the President's message and loved it!

Now go back to sleep.

! No longer available

So, in your bigoted view, steel workers are all classless.

Got it.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

So, in your bigoted view, steel workers are all classless.  Got it.

You "got" nothing @Suppressed   --- except perhaps oxygen deprivation from your perch atop the virtue-signaling mountain.

Last evening the steel workers were cheering their President for validating Chuck Todd smeared not only their union president, but each of them.

It was a colossal high-five moment!   

Offline libertybele

So it's steel country!  What Trump did was inappropriate, unpresidential and CLASSLESS!!!  As usual Trump opened his mouth and ugliness spewed once again.  To rally people using ugliness is terrible, it sets a very terrible example for our youth.  I don't care if people cheered him on or not, the name-calling was still inappropriate and classless, especially coming from the POTUS!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:05:56 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

So it's steel country!  What Trump did was inappropriate, unpresidential and CLASSLESS!!!  As usual Trump opened his mouth and ugliness spewed once again.  To rally people using ugliness is terrible, it sets a very terrible example for our youth.  I don't care if people cheered him on or not, the name-calling was still inappropriate and classless, especially coming from the POTUS!!

Let me guess .... you're sitting just to the right of Suppressed on that mountain top, aren't you?!   888blackhat

Offline edpc

It’ll be really entertaining during the 2020 Rust Belt campaign stops when he’s openly scratching himself and declaring the country is his favorite type of tree.

Offline libertybele

Let me guess .... you're sitting just to the right of Suppressed on that mountain top, aren't you?!   888blackhat

Let me guess, you're so blinded by being a Trump worshiper that you're willing to give him a free pass on anything he says and does, including calling people names and granting ILLEGALS amnesty! Got it. That's exactly what our youth needs to hear; the POTUS calling others a 'son of a bitch'; great example he's setting RIV!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Suppressed

You "got" nothing @Suppressed   --- except perhaps oxygen deprivation from your perch atop the virtue-signaling mountain.

Last evening the steel workers were cheering their President for validating Chuck Todd smeared not only their union president, but each of them.

It was a colossal high-five moment!

He was a potty-mouthed little boy on the playground and we all saw it.  Yes, one tiny segment might like his anti-American-consumer policies, but regardless, he disrespected the entire nation with his vulgarity.

Yes, he's mentally ill. But that's not an excuse for making our country look like it just staggered out if Joe's after a few too many.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

He was a potty-mouthed little boy on the playground and we all saw it.  Yes, one tiny segment might like his anti-American-consumer policies, but regardless, he disrespected the entire nation with his vulgarity.

Yes, he's mentally ill. But that's not an excuse for making our country look like it just staggered out if Joe's after a few too many.

Indeed.  He acts like a 5th grade bully that's never grown up.  He disrespected the entire nation during his presidential campaign with his smears and lies and obviously he has brought his ugliness forward into the presidency. 

Offline musiclady

Well, his "evangelical" fan club was right, wasn't it?

We weren't electing Jesus..............    **nononono*

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Indeed.  He acts like a 5th grade bully that's never grown up.  He disrespected the entire nation during his presidential campaign with his smears and lies and obviously he has brought his ugliness forward into the presidency.

What continues to be disturbing is that his cheerleading squad thinks that his ugliness is cool.

There's a sickness in the country that cannot be fixed without a spiritual revival.   I used to believe the problem was mostly on the left.  Now I know the cancer is on the right as well.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Applewood

"Explain that to your children"  I'll bet Trump's adult kids use the same kind of language. 

I don't like Brokaw or any of the other newsy folks, but he does have a point.  This is the rudest, crudest, most childish president I've ever seen in my lifetime.  I might live in "steel country" but not all of us who reside here think Trump's schoolyard bully persona is so wonderful.  In fact, I know quite a few people who wish this president would just shut up.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:25:16 pm by Applewood »

Offline musiclady

"Explain that to your children"  I'll bet Trump's adult kids use the same kind of language. 

I don't like Brokaw or any of the other newsy folks, but he does have a point.  This is the rudest, crudest, most childish president I've ever seen in my lifetime.  I might live in "steel country" but not all of us who reside here think Trump's schoolyard bully persona is so wonderful.  In fact, I know quite a few people who wish this president would just shut up.

For the record, I was born in Youngstown, OH, in its steel producing heyday, less than an hour from Pittsburgh and know a lot of people from the area.

If Trump and his worship team think that every person in "steel country" is nasty and crude, they're sadly mistaken.

Offline edpc

For the record, I was born in Youngstown, OH, in its steel producing heyday, less than an hour from Pittsburgh and know a lot of people from the area.

If Trump and his worship team think that every person in "steel country" is nasty and crude, they're sadly mistaken.

I used to cover that territory up and down the I-376 corridor. I really miss the occasional stop for lunch at for Primanti Bros.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:34:54 pm by edpc »

Offline Applewood

I used to cover that territory up and down the I-376 corridor. I really miss the occasional stop for lunch at for Primanti Bros.

Oh great!  Now you just made me hungry for a capicola and cheese -- with the fries and coleslaw on top, of course.

Offline edpc

Oh great!  Now you just made me hungry for a capicola and cheese -- with the fries and coleslaw on top, of course.

Good eats and always tempting every time I was in the area, but I had to exercise restraint. As you probably know, they made that sandwich the way they do to give the hard-working blue-collar guys in Pittsburgh a convenient all in one meal. My job consists of sitting in the car for a while, working on something for about 45 minutes, sitting again while driving home, then sitting again to type the reports. If I dined there on a regular basis, I would be massive.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
There is a lot to praise about this President,  but his schoolyard taunts just make him look bad.  Not to his supporters, but to millions of us who want to support him and want him to succeed,  but cringe when he presents this face of America to the world.   

The American President is not just the head of government but also the head of state.  He is the symbol of the nation, just as is the Queen of England.  And while the Queen keeps up her pretense of refinement, dignity and tradition,  the President of the United States crudely belittles media figures.

Does Chuck Todd deserve it?   Sure.   But coming from the POTUS,  it represents a further diminution of the nation's stature and pride.  Fine, call me old school, but I remember the thing that bothered me the most about Nixon was the abject crudeness he displayed on those tapes,  and the thing that never, ever seemed to bothered the Dems about Clinton was the mental picture of Monica Lewinski writhing on the White House rug with Clinton standing over her, pants dropped.   

Sure, the notion that the President act as the privileged and temporary custodian of a Shining City is an illusion,  and I expect to taken down a peg by those who think I'm a fuddy duddy and point out that nowadays shouting out curses is the expected way to fire up a crowd.   I know how fired up I was when Jason Kelce addressed the Eagles parade, but I gotta say I was disappointed when he ended things with a schoolyard taunt. 

Trump could be so much more effective if he'd inspire a crowd rather than cater to the rabble.    The GOP is in danger of surrendering its majorities this fall not because things are going badly  -  to the contrary! -  but because the President is an embarrassment.       

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:05:01 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline libertybele

There is a lot to praise about this President,  but his schoolyard taunts just make him look bad.  Not to his supporters, but to millions of us who want to support him and want him to succeed,  but cringe when he presents this face of America to the world.   

The American President is not just the head of government but also the head of state.  He is the symbol of the nation, just as is the Queen of England.  And while the Queen keeps up her pretense of refinement, dignity and tradition,  the President of the United States crudely belittles media figures.

Does Chuck Todd deserve it?   Sure.   But coming from the POTUS,  it represents a further diminution of the nation's stature and pride.  Fine, call me old school, but I remember the thing that bothered me the most about Nixon was the abject crudeness he displayed on those tapes,  and the thing that never, ever seemed to bothered the Dems about Clinton was the mental picture of Monica Lewinski writhing on the White House rug with Clinton standing over her, pants dropped.   

Sure, the notion that the President act as the privileged and temporary custodian of a Shining City is an illusion,  and I expect to taken down a peg by those who think I'm a fuddy duddy and point out that nowadays shouting out curses is the expected way to fire up a crowd.   I know how fired up I was when Jason Kelce addressed the Eagles parade, but I gotta say I was disappointed when he ended things with a schoolyard taunt. 

Trump could be so much more effective if he'd inspire a crowd rather than cater to the rabble.    The GOP is in danger of surrendering its majorities this fall not because things are going badly  -  to the contrary! -  but because the President is an embarrassment.     

Agreed.  Some of Trump's comments are cringe worthy and as President of the United States of America his childish taunts reflect poorly on this country and sets a terrible example for our youth.  This man seems to know no shame.

Offline edpc

Agreed.  Some of Trump's comments are cringe worthy and as President of the United States of America his childish taunts reflect poorly on this country and sets a terrible example for our youth.  This man seems to know no shame.

My fear about his conduct and self promotion was that it would someday lead to a Kardashian presidency. We may already have one, in spirit.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 04:14:20 pm by edpc »

Offline Concerned

:amen:

For whatever reason, this President seems determined to only try and appeal to his base.  I believe he could have been a truly transformational President by leveraging his lack of ideology to make deals that more ideologically principled politicians just could not have made.  Apparently, he just doesn’t have the attention span to make those deals because, although he’s had ample opportunity, he hasn’t done it. 

Instead we get a continuation of petty squabbles, childish nicknames, and lies/falsehoods/misleading statements/distractions.  I believe this alienates many independents and many of those who could have been convinced to support him in 2020.  I know several folks who voted for him in 2016 but have just grown weary of the chaos, childishness, and impulsivity.  They’ve indicated they won’t be supporting him in 2020.  If some of his supporters think all his previous voters are cheering his childish nonsense, I’m afraid they are sorely mistaken.

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Suppressed

He must be frustrated that his bullying has yielded only a few minor results.  I still don't think he realizes what a failure his first year+ has been.
+++++++++

Offline Suppressed

Now I know the cancer is on the right as well.

His cheerleaders aren't on the right. They're just another sect on the left, pushing for big bully government.
+++++++++

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
:amen:

For whatever reason, this President seems determined to only try and appeal to his base.  I believe he could have been a truly transformational President by leveraging his lack of ideology to make deals that more ideologically principled politicians just could not have made.  Apparently, he just doesn’t have the attention span to make those deals because, although he’s had ample opportunity, he hasn’t done it. 

Instead we get a continuation of petty squabbles, childish nicknames, and lies/falsehoods/misleading statements/distractions.  I believe this alienates many independents and many of those who could have been convinced to support him in 2020.  I know several folks who voted for him in 2016 but have just grown weary of the chaos, childishness, and impulsivity.  They’ve indicated they won’t be supporting him in 2020.  If some of his supporters think all his previous voters are cheering his childish nonsense, I’m afraid they are sorely mistaken.

That's the tragedy of this President, @Concerned .   He indeed has the potential to be a transformational President,  allying the working class with conservatism for generations to come,  and in the process driving a stake through the heart of liberalism.

But his sideshow antics distract from his accomplishments and the brilliance of his triangulations.   There is nothing more tragic than a man who has it all, and throws it all away.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide