Author Topic: Thousands Turn Out To See Donald Trump Stump For Rick Saccone  (Read 321 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Thousands Turn Out To See Donald Trump Stump For Rick Saccone
CBS Pittsburg, Mar 10, 2018

MOON TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Several thousand people got to see and hear President Trump at a campaign rally Saturday night.

So many people turned out for the rally that the Secret Service at least twice had to stop people from entering the Atlantic Aviation hangar at Pittsburgh International Airport because the building was filled to capacity.

The president’s latest visit to the Pittsburgh area was aimed at lending support to 18th District Congressional candidate Republican Rick Saccone, who is in a tight race with Democrat Conor Lamb in next Tuesday’s special election.

Many in the crowd who waited for hours didn’t live in the 18th District, but they wanted to show support for the president and his policies.

“Secret Service says they’re not taking anybody else,” Brian McLaughlin, of Wampum, said. “I was actually at a Trump rally once before, and people, they just stay out here by the thousands. They can’t wait to go see someone who actually deserves to be in the White House.”

Read more:  http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/03/10/trump-supporters-moon-township-rally/

Re: Thousands Turn Out To See Donald Trump Stump For Rick Saccone
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 12:06:15 pm »
Trump Says He Needs Rick Saccone Ahead of Pennsylvania Special Election
Thousands of steelworkers live in 18th District, site of Tuesday’s contest
Roll Call, Mar 10, 2018

In a wide-ranging speech Saturday night outside Pittsburgh, President Donald Trump touted his agenda and plugged supporters to vote for Republican state Rep. Rick Saccone in next week’s special election in Pennsylvania’s 18th District, telling voters he needs more GOP lawmakers in Congress to support his agenda.

“The other opponent, his opponent, is not voting for us,” Trump said in Moon Township, referring to the Democrat nominee Conor Lamb. “He can say all he wants, there’s no way he’s voting for us ever, ever … Rick is going to vote for us all the time, all the time.”

Trump mentioned Saccone a half-dozen times in a speech that lasted more than an hour, and brought the candidate onstage toward the end. He covered a myriad of subjects, including his recent tariff announcement, news that he could meet with the leader of North Korea, the economy, his  2016 presidential win, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Todd of NBC News, illegal immigration and imposing the death penalty on drug dealers. 

His announcement that he would impose import tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum came just days before Tuesday’s election in a district that is home to scores of steelworkers.  “Steel is back, it’s going to be back too,” Trump told the crowd.

Read more:  https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-says-needs-rick-saccone-ahead-pennsylvania-special-election

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2018, 12:34:59 pm »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 02:53:24 pm »
Very weird games going on in the district.

Congressional Leadership Fund has been running ads against Conor Lamb, the Dem.  Last week, I got a call purportedly from CLF thanking Lamb for his pro-gun stance.

Then I got a text message from a woman with "PA United" asking if Conor Lamb had my support.  I told her to thank him for his pro-gun position. She pressed me, and I almost replied, "Of course he has my support if he votes for Rick Saccone!"   :cool:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn