Author Topic: Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall

By Paul Sperry

March 10, 2018 | 12:21pm

Mexico won’t have to pay for the wall, after all. US taxpayers won’t have to pick up the tab, either. The controversial barrier, rather, will cover its own cost just by closing the border to illegal immigrants who tend to go on the federal dole.

That’s the finding of recent immigration studies showing the $18 billion wall President Trump plans to build along the southern border will pay for itself by curbing the importation of not only crime and drugs, but poverty.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/cutting-welfare-to-illegal-aliens-would-pay-for-trumps-wall/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 11:52:34 pm »
Good luck with this.

The issue would have to be adjudicated (and won) in the U.S. Supreme Court before anything could come of it.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: Cutting welfare to illegal aliens would pay for Trump’s wall
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 01:40:17 am »
I looked, and there's a Congressman still pushing for legislation to tax remittances.  Apparently the state of Oklahoma already does it. 
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.