Author Topic: On The Texas-Mexico Border, Migrants Are Overcoming Every Obstacle In Their Path  (Read 266 times)

rangerrebew

On The Texas-Mexico Border, Migrants Are Overcoming Every Obstacle In Their Path
Every day in the Rio Grande Valley, hundreds of migrants maneuver a border crawling with patrols and unscrupulous smugglers. And still they keep coming.

By John Daniel Davidson   
March 8, 2018

MCALLEN, Texas — What does it mean to secure the border? We hear the phrase every time Congress debates immigration reform, usually from immigration hawks who insist that before we extend any leniency to illegal immigrants, even a limited amnesty for those brought to the United States as children, we must first secure the border. President Trump has taken it a step further with his dogged insistence on an actual border wall, which has become synonymous with border security in the broader immigration debate.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/03/08/on-the-texas-mexico-border-migrants-overcome-every-obstacle/

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Could they "overcome" this...?

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
This is a really interesting article.  I hope many people read it.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.