Author Topic: Florida governor signs new gun bill after Parkland shooting  (Read 622 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida governor signs new gun bill after Parkland shooting
« on: March 09, 2018, 09:03:44 pm »
Florida governor signs new gun bill after Parkland shooting
By Max Greenwood - 03/09/18 03:26 PM EST

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) on Friday signed into law a measure imposing new restrictions on gun purchases in the state following a deadly shooting at a South Florida high school last month.

The bill, which passed this week with bipartisan support, raises the minimum age for purchasing firearms from 18 to 21 and imposes a three-day waiting period for most purchases of long guns.

The measure also allows certain trained school employees to carry concealed handguns on school campuses and creates new mental health programs for schools.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/377653-florida-governor-signs-gun-bill-after-parkland-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Florida governor signs new gun bill after Parkland shooting
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 09:04:49 pm »
MFer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:07:15 pm »
MFer

The bald jackass is running for Senate. What did you expect him to do. Just remember that when it comes time to vote.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 09:13:32 pm »
The bald jackass is running for Senate. What did you expect him to do. Just remember that when it comes time to vote.

Yeah, and who the hell am I supposed to vote for?  Bill Nelson?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 09:14:52 pm »

Do what everyone else here does. Vote for Evan McMuffin.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 09:21:31 pm »

LOL  Thanks for the solution to that big problem.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 10:11:40 pm »

I hear ya, but in retrospect, we know that Nelson would have signed the bill and we now know that Scott signed the bill.  So at the end of the day, what difference did it make to have a GOP Senator; the result was the same. Nope, Scott will NOT get my vote.  You know darn well that the left isn't done hammering on the 2A now in FL until they accomplish confiscation. DeSantis is running for Senator as well and I hope he kicks Scott's butt. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 10:21:46 pm »
Ron DeSantis for FL governor.  I find it interesting that he is endorsed by Trump (I hope Trump is helping him financially) as Scott helped Trump in FL.  Scott has a ton of money and I'm sure he'll outspend DeSantis.

http://rondesantis.com/

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 10:24:07 pm »
What a limp dicked phony.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 10:26:16 pm »

Really @Frank Cannon ?
That was supposed to be between you, me and the bartender.
Lesson learned.

FYI, about six months into Trumps administration, I e-mailed McMuffin and said, "What was I thinking"?
I'm sure he didn't care one way or the other, but I showed him!

Online DB

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 10:28:28 pm »
What good are school employees that carry if the armed police/sheriffs won't even confront a school shooter?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 10:49:26 pm »
What good are school employees that carry if the armed police/sheriffs won't even confront a school shooter?

Truth of the matter is Scott caved.  There was a recent study done (and I e-mailed to our illustrious Governor) indicating that shootings are actually on the decline -- also metal detectors, etc., haven't helped to deter mass shootings either.  Allow conceal carry by those with a permit onto campuses and eliminate schools as gun free zones and you may see a difference.  Scott will NEVER get my vote as Senator -- why should I vote for him?  The outcome will be no different then if I vote DEM.  I refuse to vote for a RINO!

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,307253.0.html