Author Topic: MSM scramble to find reasons to ridicule Trump's North Korea triumph  (Read 687 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
March 9, 2018
MSM scramble to find reasons to ridicule Trump's North Korea triumph
By Thomas Lifson

If you expected the media to hail North Korea's urgent request for talks –from the position of supplicant – you have underestimated the force of Trump Derangement Syndrome.  Only one mainstream media figure came close to acknowledging the potential for greatness.  Poor Erin Burnett of CNN apparently didn't get the message before going on air and acknowledging the upside potential of this development.

Lawrence Bonk of the Media Research Center:

CNN's Erin Burnett had some startling words for the president, should he pull off denuclearizing the country.

Burnett actually said that he would go down as a "great president" if his talks with Jong Un go well.

Here is the full quote.

"Just an extraordinary evening and, of course, opening the door to the big question," she said. "If President Trump could truly solve this problem, that would be going down as a great president. There is no getting around that."

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/03/msm_scrambles_to_find_reasons_to_ridicule_trumps_north_korea_triumph.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: MSM scramble to find reasons to ridicule Trump's North Korea triumph
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 03:01:55 pm »
It's not a triumph yet.  The meeting has yet to take place. 

Offline endicom

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 03:10:07 pm »
Equating Trump to Kim. A few days ago it was equating Trump to Putin: http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,306858.0/topicseen.html.

In that thread I noted this from the article: "The dossier had infuriated both Vladimir Putin and Donald Trump by divulging allegedly corrupt dealings between them. “You’ve got oligarchs running both superpowers,” the friend said. “And, incredibly, they both hate this same guy.”"

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 03:12:00 pm »
@Applewood

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.  North Korea's Kim will never give up his nukes.  His entire regime is built on those nukes, with hatred of American.  A documentary made talking to the North Korean people, shows their reason for living is to hate America.  They think and say that America attacked them and buried alive millions of their people.  They believe this. Their post cards for sale are hate America cards.  Their greatest pride are those rockets going off.

If Kim got rid of those rockets, he would be gone, too.  They have made agreements with American presidents before, and then kept on making rockets.  Kim has a reason for this and it is not to give up their nuke rockets.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 03:13:18 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 03:14:44 pm »
@Applewood

Past behavior is the best predictor of future behavior.  North Korea's Kim will never give up his nukes.  His entire regime is built on those nukes, with hatred of American.  A documentary made talking to the North Korean people, shows the reason for living is to hate American.  They think and say that America attacked them and buried alive millions of their people.  They believe this. Their post cards for sale are hate America cards.  Their greatest pride are those rockets going off.

If Kim got rid of those rockets, he would be gone, too.  They have made agreements with American presidents before, and then kept on making rockets.  Kim has a reason for this and it is not to give up their nuke rockets.

Just like Iran.  Last I heard that country's nuke program was still going on.  These talks and any agreements that spring from them have always been a waste of time and effort.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2018, 04:01:02 pm »

What's the media narrative for today? Hmmmm...hmm hmm hmmmmm. Let's shuffle some words around, real clever and lawyer like, and make ourselves sound very intellectual.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2018, 04:52:01 pm »
What a brilliant triumph!  I'll drink to that!

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2018, 04:58:59 pm »

What's the media narrative for today? Hmmmm...hmm hmm hmmmmm. Let's shuffle some words around, real clever and lawyer like, and make ourselves sound very intellectual.

Well, as long as we are shuffling words, make sure the word "furious" always lands on top.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2018, 05:36:29 pm »
True, and Li'l Kim may give up nothing. I think in the long run he'll do whatever China tells him to do.

Nevertheless, it's fun to watch the leftists try to explain why the prospect of a more peaceful relationship with NK is such a bad thing. Gee, it's almost as though they wanted RocketMan to bomb us, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Concerned

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2018, 05:47:37 pm »
It seems like it would be a major win for Kim to simply appear on the same stage as the American President.  Just appearing on equal footing with the leader of the free world would probably be a major propaganda win for him at home and with the world audience.  After accomplishing that, it would be easy enough to refuse any concession and then just walk away from the table.  This scenario seems pretty darn likely to me.
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2018, 05:56:40 pm »
True, and Li'l Kim may give up nothing. I think in the long run he'll do whatever China tells him to do.

Nevertheless, it's fun to watch the leftists try to explain why the prospect of a more peaceful relationship with NK is such a bad thing. Gee, it's almost as though they wanted RocketMan to bomb us, or something.

Fun to watch #nevertrumps jump gleefully on every single potentially anti-Trump opportunity for failure. I know a site where one can watch.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 06:01:52 pm »
Fun to watch #nevertrumps jump gleefully on every single potentially anti-Trump opportunity for failure. I know a site where one can watch.
If you're referring to my comment, I thought I was giving the president props.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 06:02:37 pm »
It seems like it would be a major win for Kim to simply appear on the same stage as the American President.  Just appearing on equal footing with the leader of the free world would probably be a major propaganda win for him at home and with the world audience.  After accomplishing that, it would be easy enough to refuse any concession and then just walk away from the table.  This scenario seems pretty darn likely to me.

Irrelevant.

Since Trump is on every side of every single issue, no matter what happens, his cheerleading squads will spin it as a 'win' for Trump.

Even if lil Kim uses him as a tool for his own purposes.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 06:10:06 pm »

Beat me to it.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 07:08:33 pm »
Beat me to it.

It's a triumph.

Even if no meeting takes place.

Then it will be a triumph that Trump did not meet with lil Kim.

It will be a triumph if Trump meets with lil Kim, it will be a triumph if Trump meets with someone else.

It will be a triumph just because it involves Trump.

That is all we need to know - on the other half of the ridiculous spin spectrum.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 08:53:50 pm »
It seems like it would be a major win for Kim to simply appear on the same stage as the American President.  Just appearing on equal footing with the leader of the free world would probably be a major propaganda win for him at home and with the world audience.

That was the previous truth, and the criticism leveled at leftists who wanted us to engage NK.  Now we have new leftists who call themselves conservative.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 08:57:52 pm »
What a brilliant triumph!  I'll drink to that!

I don't remember when that stupid whore was President? Can you enlighten me.