Author Topic: Iran woman gets two years in prison for removing veil  (Read 552 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran woman gets two years in prison for removing veil
« on: March 09, 2018, 05:13:05 am »
Iran woman gets two years in prison for removing veil

Tehran (AFP) - A woman who publicly removed her veil in protest against Iran's compulsory headscarf law has been sentenced to 24 months in prison, three months without parole, the judiciary said Wednesday.

Tehran's chief prosecutor Abbas Jafari Dolatabadi, who announced the sentence, did not give the woman's identity but said she intended to appeal the verdict, the judiciary's Mizan Online news agency reported.

The woman "encouraged moral corruption" in public, he said, criticising the light nature of the sentence and saying he would push for the full two-year penalty.

Read more at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/iran-woman-gets-two-years-prison-removing-veil-192126695.html

The rest of the article is good reporting, it says that even wearing it loose as above to show hair is officially not acceptable and this may be the beginning of a crackdown. I believe the article also seems to say, one can see women driving there and they let it hang from their shoulders or something, it wasn't real clear.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Iran woman gets two years in prison for removing veil
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 11:11:37 am »
I'm sure Linda Sarsour, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Madonna, Ashley Judd, and all the other crazy so called 'feminists' are jumping for Joy over this! According to them, Sharia Law is feminism.

Nobody ever accused a Liberal of being intelligent, or having any common sense at all, but the idea of what is called 'feminism' supporting Sharia Law is beyond insane. That is Kookoo town.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.