Author Topic: Remarks by President Trump at the Latino Coalition Legislative Summit  (Read 336 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Remarks by President Trump at
 the Latino Coalition Legislative
Summit

Issued on: March 7, 2018

THE PRESIDENT:  Thank you very much.  Thank you.  And thank you, Hector.  I’m thrilled to be here with so many of our incredible leaders in the Latino business community.  And you folks are good business people.  I know that.  I know that for a fact.  I’ve had to compete against you for a long time.  (Laughter.)  In fact, I said, I want to get out of that; I want to be President.  It’s easier.  (Laughter.)

But I especially want to thank Chairman Hector Barreto for the invitation and for the many years of his leadership on behalf of America’s small businesses.  I also want to recognize Secretary Chao who’s joining us today.  Elaine?  Hi, Elaine.  (Applause.)  You’re doing a fantastic job, by the way.  Thank you very much, Elaine.

Most of all, I want to thank all of you, the Latino business leaders, who are living proof that the American Dream is back and stronger than ever.

The Latino community embodies the pioneering spirit of America.  We’re a nation that loves adventure — and you love adventure — (laughter) — that celebrates risk-taking, and that embraces faith and family as the true center of American life.

As President, I am committed to unleashing the full potential of the Latino community by removing government burdens, by restoring safety and security to our neighborhoods, and by defending America’s interests so that all of our citizens can prosper.

Read more:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-latino-coalition-legislative-summit/

Re: Remarks by President Trump at the Latino Coalition Legislative Summit
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 05:52:44 am »
Trump on finding a DACA fix: "We're ready, willing and able"
CBS News, Mar 7, 2018

President Trump blamed Democrat "obstructionists" for not providing a lasting fix to DACA (Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals) and said the administraiton is ready to find a solution to current immigration disputes while delivering remarks at the Latino Coalition's Legislative Summit in Washington, D.C. on Wednesday. He addressed the Hispanic community where he largely stuck to his administration's wins including providing an overhaul to the nation's tax code and job creation.

He noted, however, that Democrats "don't want to solve the problem" of immigration.

"We're trying to have a DACA victory by the way and Democrats are nowhere to be found, it's really terrible," said Mr. Trump. He added, "We're ready, ready willing and able, but they are no where to be found."

The president claimed that Democrats instead are refusing to approve his administration's own immigration plan because "they'd rather use it to to get elected, and that's not working so well."

He claimed that the White House's reforms are "supported by a vast majority of Latino voters" and that skill-based immigration is the "mainstream view of all Americans" yet "Senate Democrats filibustered our plan."

More: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-delivers-remarks-at-latino-coalition-legislative-summit-live-stream/

Re: Remarks by President Trump at the Latino Coalition Legislative Summit
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:36:13 pm »
BTTT