Author Topic: Trump lawyer trying to silence Stormy Daniels with restraining order: report  (Read 606 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump lawyer trying to silence Stormy Daniels with restraining order: report
By Avery Anapol - 03/07/18 05:21 PM EST

President Trump’s personal lawyer has reportedly attempted to silence adult film star Stormy Daniels, who filed a lawsuit this week against Trump in an effort to void a nondisclosure agreement between the pair.

Trump lawyer Michael Cohen obtained a temporary restraining order against Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, from a private arbitrator on Feb. 27, NBC News reported Wednesday, citing a copy of the document it obtained.

Cohen reportedly emailed the order the following day through his own attorney to Clifford's former attorney, saying that the document “is to remain confidential.” Clifford's current attorney Michael Avenatti told NBC News that the actress does not “take kindly” to being threatened.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/377276-trump-lawyer-trying-to-silence-stormy-daniels-with-restraining-order
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Trump should hire Bob Bennett and James Carville.  They have experience in these matters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
“Look, the president has addressed these directly and made very well clear that none of these allegations are true. This case has already been won in arbitration. And anything beyond that, I would refer you to the president’s outside counsel.”

Now, outside counsel apparently has outside counsel.....

“Earlier today, Mr. Cohen through his attorney, Mr. Rosen, further threatened my client in an effort to prevent her from telling the truth about what really happened," Avenatti said Wednesday. "We do not take kindly to these threats, nor we will be intimidated.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

Trump should hire Bob Bennett and James Carville.  They have experience in these matters.

If you drag $130K through an adult film studio, you never know what you'll find.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
I think we have established this women is a whore and in this instance, we also know her price. 

That should be the end of the story.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

I think we have established this women is a whore and in this instance, we also know her price. 

That should be the end of the story.

The questions still remains; Did Trump have sex with that woman, Stormy Daniels, while he was married? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

The questions still remains; Did Trump have sex with that woman, Stormy Daniels, while he was married?

No, the real story will always be about the circumstances around the payment.

Offline Suppressed

There's also the problem that Trump denies any involvement with her, but Sarah Huckabee Sanders today acknowledged that there was arbitration.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

The kicker is gonna be when they discover the $130,000 dollar payoff did in fact come from Campaign funds, though he tried to hide it with Trump Tower rent payments.  I think that's why his Lawyer is claiming he was never paid.  They fried Edwards for this.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

There's also the problem that Trump denies any involvement with her, but Sarah Huckabee Sanders today acknowledged that there was arbitration.

She handled this story like it was a ball of plutonium dipped in sarin.  Every subsequent question was answered with, "I will refer you to outside counsel."  That's a huge mistake.  The reason why we even know about this is because of the ineptitude of the outside counsel.  The last thing they need is Cohen answering questions with his famous "says who" routine and creating more problems.