Author Topic: Jerry Brown: Feds are 'going to war' against California  (Read 1100 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jerry Brown: Feds are 'going to war' against California
« on: March 07, 2018, 08:43:50 pm »
By Reid Wilson - 03/07/18 01:32 PM EST

California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) blasted back at Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Wednesday after the Trump administration filed a lawsuit against his state’s immigration policies.

In a press conference at the state Capitol in Sacramento, just blocks from where Sessions announced the lawsuit at a meeting of the California Peace Officers’ Association, Brown said the attorney general was catering to a conservative base — and to President Trump.

“This is really unprecedented for the chief law enforcement officer of the United States to come out to California and act more like Fox News than a law enforcement officer. This is a political stunt,” Brown said. “We know the Trump administration is full of liars. They’ve pled guilty already to the special counsel.”

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/377208-jerry-brown-feds-are-going-to-war-against-california
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Jerry Brown: Feds are 'going to war' against California
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 08:57:03 pm »
Funny...

When prop 187 passed restricting benefits to illegals the left went running to the federal courts to demand only the federal government had authority over illegal aliens, not the state or its citizens...

Fast forward to now and these same leftest demand that only the state has authority over illegal aliens and that the federal government should butt out.

A 100% contradiction on their part. Complete hypocrites. And not even the slightest acknowledgement or shame from them for doing so in your face...

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 02:58:58 am »
Funny that a party that has run on a platform of states rights since forever, based in large part on the views on the issue of those in the South,  is now telling the biggest State, in terms of population, that Federal law Trumps the state...

California agriculture and by extension the American economy has been dependent on California's  proximity and ready availability to cheap Mexican labor for more than a century, for most of that century the Feds have deferred to the judgment of those on the ground.  It brings to my mind a situation in the South 150 years ago of a Federal Government refusing to recognize the economic realities of the region and attempting to impose the Federal will....

It's more than a bit ironic that a AG from the deepest of the Southern states, in spite of the history there, is on board with concept of the inferiority of States rights to Federal rights.. seemingly only due to party affiliation...but of course we don't elect politicians based on principle anymore as long as they are on our team ..its cool...

Brings to mind the tired phrase that elections have consequences.. :shrug:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 03:22:01 am »
Funny...

When prop 187 passed restricting benefits to illegals the left went running to the federal courts to demand only the federal government had authority over illegal aliens, not the state or its citizens...

Fast forward to now and these same leftest demand that only the state has authority over illegal aliens and that the federal government should butt out.

A 100% contradiction on their part. Complete hypocrites. And not even the slightest acknowledgement or shame from them for doing so in your face...

They are VERY confused! And that's a fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 03:26:11 am »
Funny that a party that has run on a platform of states rights since forever, based in large part on the views on the issue of those in the South,  is now telling the biggest State, in terms of population, that Federal law Trumps the state...

California agriculture and by extension the American economy has been dependent on California's  proximity and ready availability to cheap Mexican labor for more than a century, for most of that century the Feds have deferred to the judgment of those on the ground.  It brings to my mind a situation in the South 150 years ago of a Federal Government refusing to recognize the economic realities of the region and attempting to impose the Federal will....

It's more than a bit ironic that a AG from the deepest of the Southern states, in spite of the history there, is on board with concept of the inferiority of States rights to Federal rights.. seemingly only due to party affiliation...but of course we don't elect politicians based on principle anymore as long as they are on our team ..its cool...

Brings to mind the tired phrase that elections have consequences.. :shrug:

I seem to recall Arizona trying to write it's own immigration law a few years ago.  Didn't work out so well!

http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigration/us-supreme-court-rules-on-arizona-immigration-laws.aspx

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 03:39:04 am »
I seem to recall Arizona trying to write it's own immigration law a few years ago.  Didn't work out so well!

http://www.ncsl.org/research/immigration/us-supreme-court-rules-on-arizona-immigration-laws.aspx

Don't seem to remember anyone on the right cheering that decision as long as it was argued in the Obama administration. Bet a dollar to a donut same decision today the partisans would be ecstatic as long as it was perceived as a win for their side... :shrug:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 04:11:50 am »
Don't seem to remember anyone on the right cheering that decision as long as it was argued in the Obama administration. Bet a dollar to a donut same decision today the partisans would be ecstatic as long as it was perceived as a win for their side... :shrug:

Maybe that's because the Obama administration wasn't doing a damned thing to enforce current immigration law!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 05:40:40 am »
Maybe that's because the Obama administration wasn't doing a damned thing to enforce current immigration law!

What?!  Deportations were up under Obama -- he was the "Deporter in Chief" ;).
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 02:30:43 pm »

So if a state decides to thumb it's nose and allow people to illegally enter the country...terrorize our people look the other way as violent drug gangs run rampant and put an enormous drag on an already burdened welfare system and actually encourage lawlessness...what exactly is the Federal government supposed to do?

Just let it happen?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 02:44:24 pm »
They are VERY confused! And that's a fact!

@Bigun

To the Paah-tee in Cal the truth is a continually malleable commodity subject only to the 'I Want It' minute to minute whims of those infesting the grubbermint.

The only confusion they're suffering from is a belief that the proletariat has no memory of what they said 10 minutes earlier.

Now if you were to have said Very FOS instead of 'Confused', . . .

888sunglass
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline jpsb

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 02:53:56 pm »
If Sessions were serious and had any balls that Mayor of Oakland would be in jail.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 02:55:40 pm »

Arizona passing a law intended to re-enforce a national law currently being neglected by the executive vs. California passing a law defying a national law - one has to be obtuse not to understand the difference.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2018, 03:16:06 pm »
Someone needs to remind the Gov of California and some folks here that the Federal Government sets the immigration rules and policy for the country.

California can not impede the enforcement of those laws.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 03:19:45 pm »
Someone needs to remind the Gov of California and some folks here that the Federal Government sets the immigration rules and policy for the country.

California can not impede the enforcement of those laws.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 01:18:30 am »
Somebody needs to suggest that since California has declared 'War' on the Federal Government, and they are continuing to flood their State with illegals in a push to retain power.....that henceforth, Electoral College votes from California will be suspended in Presidential Elections.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 02:08:13 am »
Somebody needs to suggest that since California has declared 'War' on the Federal Government, and they are continuing to flood their State with illegals in a push to retain power.....that henceforth, Electoral College votes from California will be suspended in Presidential Elections.

That is an awesome suggestion.  :beer:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2018, 03:29:30 am »

No Jerry.  Not yet.  Not until you see these guys crossing your border:

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 06:26:36 am »

I LIKE It!
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2018, 06:46:48 am »

I'm down with that wholeheartedly!
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2018, 08:16:21 am »
That is an awesome suggestion.  :beer:

The Democrats would NEVER win another presidency.   ....time to get serious.    :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2018, 12:23:55 pm »
The Democrats would NEVER win Rig and Steal another presidency.   ....time to get serious.    :beer:

Sorry DC, had to fix that.

:bullie smokin:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2018, 01:36:59 pm »
I'm down with that wholeheartedly!

If I'm not mistaken they have passed a law that allows illegals to vote which, if true, should invalidate any presidential electoral votes.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2018, 01:43:00 pm »
With Michael Savage, talk show host being out there, I'll bet he can keep Trump informed on a lot of things. He being savvy on subjects like this.

California, the home of Disneyland, San Francisco which has been a big tourist draw, has held the Olympics, has been the "place to go" in the past and of course, many went there during the Dust Bowl and Great Depression, that was a great migration.

Now, it seems what is happening there could be called the displacement of the white race and I've heard a number of blacks out there, don't like what is happening either.

To many not in that state, it looks like it is really getting trashed, needles and feces in the streets of SF; though, news articles out of Denver, seem to indicate they've done some harsh things as well.

I know the Civil War analogy has been brought up; I'd also think this is a bit like when Eisenhower and Kennedy sent out troops to enforce the law during their administrations. 

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 10:41:53 pm »
If I'm not mistaken they have passed a law that allows illegals to vote which, if true, should invalidate any presidential electoral votes.

But you're invalidating up front, that despite what happens in the House and Senate seats...and State government on the county/city level, the Electoral votes are suspended...null and void.

This way, any other State....Maryland, New York, Massachusetts, etc., will think MORE than twice before they interfere with ...or give sanctuary to illegal residents.

In the meantime, the Democrats will NEVER occupy the Oval Office again.