Author Topic: Boris Johnson says British officials could boycott World Cup over Sergei Skripal case  (Read 404 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Boris Johnson says British officials could boycott World Cup over Sergei Skripal case
Written by: John Ashmore

Boris Johnson has said British officials may boycott the World Cup if Russia is found to have played any part in the hospitalisation of Sergei Skripal.

In surprise remarks, the Foreign Secretary said it was "very difficult to imagine that UK representation at that event can go ahead" should Moscow involvement be proven.

Mr Johnson also warned that Moscow could be hit with fresh sanctions as he insisted that "no attempt to take innocent life on UK soil will go either unsanctioned or unpunished".

Read more at: https://www.politicshome.com/news/uk/foreign-affairs/news/93363/boris-johnson-says-british-officials-could-boycott-world-cup-over

We boycotted those Olympics and that was an unpopular action but the case here, seems better for a boycott, killing or radiation poisoning someone, an alleged spy in another country. 

Offline TomSea

In forum, someone told me from the UK, that this story means "dignitaries", say someone like the Princes and so on, would be boycotting. It does not mean the national team of England would be boycotting.

"Boris Johnson has said British officials may boycott the World Cup..."

So, maybe individuals read that in about that it would be the higher ups that would not go to the Russian World Cup; but I certainly did not know this. Just for any soccer fans.

Offline Suppressed

Russian spy: State TV anchor warns 'traitors'
By BBC Monitoring
The world through its media
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-43330498

For days, Russia's main national TV channels were practically silent on the attempt to kill former spy Sergei Skripal with a nerve agent, but this changed in Wednesday's main evening bulletins.

The comment by Kirill Kleimenov - the presenter on government-controlled Channel One's flagship Vremya news programme - sounded like a veiled, mocking threat to anyone considering becoming a double agent for Britain.

[...]
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline TomSea

A policeman is also in serious condition but they were able to talk to him.

Now the word is, is that 21 people in total have been sickened by this.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/19-others-treated-after-nerve-agent-attack-russian-ex-spy-n854936

The Man or "Spy" and his daughter were reported with a coma, the last I heard. Maybe they will survive this, this is not radiation poisoning from my understanding as that with Litvenenko the spy about 10 years ago.

Fentanyl is potent, though it was only on tv, so we don't know how realistic it was, I think there was some show where someone was poisoned with fentanyl just by casual contact. I don't know if one could become seriously sickened by just accidentally, getting it on one's hands but it does sound like it. A number of police have contacted it and have been sickened. Perhaps, the spy, daughter and others were all able to receive prompt medical attention.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:21:34 am by TomSea »