Author Topic: Americans Are Poorly Informed About Basic Constitutional Provisions  (Read 327 times)

rangerrebew

Americans Are Poorly Informed About Basic Constitutional Provisions

September 12, 2017

Many Americans are poorly informed about basic constitutional provisions, according to a new national survey by the Annenberg Public Policy Center.

The annual Annenberg Constitution Day Civics Survey finds that:

More than half of Americans (53 percent) incorrectly think it is accurate to say that immigrants who are here illegally do not have any rights under the U.S. Constitution;
    More than a third of those surveyed (37 percent) can’t name any of the rights guaranteed under the First Amendment;
    Only a quarter of Americans (26 percent) can name all three branches of government.

“Protecting the rights guaranteed by the Constitution presupposes that we know what they are. The fact that many don’t is worrisome,” said Kathleen Hall Jamieson, director of the Annenberg Public Policy Center (APPC) of the University of Pennsylvania. “These results emphasize the need for high-quality civics education in the schools and for press reporting that underscores the existence of constitutional protections.”

https://www.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org/americans-are-poorly-informed-about-basic-constitutional-provisions/

rangerrebew

Re: Americans Are Poorly Informed About Basic Constitutional Provisions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:46:49 pm »
Here is why America will fall.  As the Framers noted, a democracy (Constitutional Republic) cannot survive where people are uneducated and Americans have become uneducated.  Education at all levels has failed.  Politicians at all levels have failed.  The people at all levels have failed, failed to care enough about their freedom to work to preserve it.  When but 26% of the American public even knows the three branches of government, that number must plummet significantly in understanding the Constitution in any way.  I would imagine a greater number of people know who Tupac was than know about the Constitution.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 05:53:36 pm »
it's worth mentioning that Annenberg was a RINO Globalist.  His Annenberg Challenge Foundation was co-administered in Chicago by Bill Ayers and Barack Obama.  Annenberg's money also funds FactCheck.org, a propaganda-spinning website for the Globalists.

Annenberg's widow is known to hang out with the top members of the Globalist Cabal.  They are delighted with the fact that our courts have given "Consitutional rights" to non-citizens, even though the majority of Americans know that this position is farcical. 

(I'm not saying that Americans are very knowledgeable concerning the Constitution, but most do realize, when interviewed, that the Constitution was designed to rule the Republic, not the open-borders mess that we have become.) 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 05:54:26 pm by the_doc »

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 08:20:14 pm »
I would imagine a greater number of people know who Tupac was than know about the Constitution.
I seem to remember a few years back that, when a group of high school students was tested on the Constitution, when they
were quoted the First Amendment and asked where it comes from, a small majority of that group thought it came from The
Communist Manifesto

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 09:10:53 pm »
"When a free people submit to oppressive acts, passed in violation of their constitution, for a single day, they have thrown down the palladium of their liberty. Submit to despotism for an hour and you concede the principle. John Adams said, in 1775, Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud. It is the only thing a people determined to be free can do. Republics have often failed, and have been succeeded by the most revolting despotisms; and always it was the voice of timidity, cowardice, or false leaders counseling submission, that led to the final downfall of freedom. It was the cowardice and treachery of the Senate of Rome that allowed the usurper to gain power, inch by inch, to overthrow the Republic. The history of the downfall of Republics is the same in all ages. The first inch that is yielded to despotism __ the first blow, dealt at the Constitution, that is not resisted is the beginning of the end of the nations ruin."

THE OLD GUARD, A monthly Journal dedicated to the principles of 1776 and 1787
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 09:14:18 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 09:13:33 pm »
“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. “

Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren, November 4 1775

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2018, 09:16:07 pm »
“Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue.”

John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men, 1776

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 01:33:26 am »
Title:
"Americans Are Poorly Informed About Basic Constitutional Provisions"

This is INTENTIONAL, by design.
It has been carefully planned by the leftists/communists as an ongoing goal for years.
It has come to fruition with the takeover of education, both at the university and public school levels.

See Gramsci, The Frankfurt School, the Chicago School, Herbert Marcuse.

They laid the foundations, and the new edifice of "publik edgeoocashunn" is all-but complete.

How can a poorly-"informed" (i.e. purposely mis-educated) electorate have any hope of resisting a determined left?