Author Topic: Action on guns and immigration screeches to a halt in Congress  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Action on guns and immigration screeches to a halt in Congress
By Scott Wong and Mike Lillis - 03/05/18 06:00 AM EST

Legislating on Capitol Hill is quickly screeching to a halt, despite loud calls for action on guns and immigration.

Even as student survivors of the high school shooting in Florida clamor for action on gun control and young “Dreamers” diverge on Congress to protest their possible deportation, Republicans in the House are pivoting to messaging bills and away from the hot-button issues that have dominated the first two months of the year.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) signaled that his chamber would not take up gun reform this week. Instead, the Senate will take up a banking reform bill, even after President Trump challenged lawmakers to pass a sweeping background checks bill in the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/376533-action-on-gun-and-immigration-screeches-to-a-halt-in-congress
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Action on guns and immigration screeches to a halt in Congress
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:10:02 pm »
"despite loud calls"

Maybe legislators are hearing from those quiet little voices belonging to their CONSTITUENTS.

You know, the people they're supposed to represent?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 04:17:10 pm »
This is one of those rare times where Congressional foot dragging is actually a good thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 04:44:55 pm »
I was angry at President Trump for stirring up border patriots about immigration.  Talking about national security, rapists, and drug dealers, and then when the legislation hit the floor, he went golfing.  That made me very upset, but when I saw what an utter screw up he was at negotiating gun control, I realize we are blessed that he did not bother to get involved in the immigration legislation.  Good to see President Trump abdicating his leadership once again on guns.  He should golf more often.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 04:51:23 pm »
This is one of those rare times where Congressional foot dragging is actually a good thing.

True, and, actually, those times are not so rare.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 07:01:47 pm »
Sen McConnell gets my support on the gun issue. He's said it's not on the agenda.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 07:07:13 pm »

I do so love our "Do Nothing" Congress. 
May you continue your nothingness.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2018, 01:01:18 am »
Action on guns and immigration screeches to a halt in Congress
By Scott Wong and Mike Lillis - 03/05/18 06:00 AM EST

Legislating on Capitol Hill is quickly screeching to a halt, despite loud calls for action on guns and immigration.

Even as student survivors of the high school shooting in Florida clamor for action on gun control and young “Dreamers” diverge on Congress to protest their possible deportation, Republicans in the House are pivoting to messaging bills and away from the hot-button issues that have dominated the first two months of the year.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) signaled that his chamber would not take up gun reform this week. Instead, the Senate will take up a banking reform bill, even after President Trump challenged lawmakers to pass a sweeping background checks bill in the wake of the school shooting in Parkland, Fla.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/376533-action-on-gun-and-immigration-screeches-to-a-halt-in-congress

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.