Author Topic: Assessing the 2018 Nuclear Posture Review: Closing Keynote and Discussion  (Read 269 times)

rangerrebew

Assessing the 2018 Nuclear Posture Review: Closing Keynote and Discussion

March 2, 2018

JOHN J. HAMRE: (In progress) – after a long day, so it must be a very good session. I’m delighted that you’re all here. But I understand why, too, that it’s a unique opportunity for all of us to hear from Chairman Thornberry.

I think the first time we met, Chairman, we were talking about Pantex, you know, and he had a more narrow interest in Pantex back then because, obviously, of his district. But he’s gotten a much broader field of view now about all things nuclear, and we’ve had a fascinating conversation just now while we were waiting for the room to get reconfigured. This is a chairman that has to be responsible for so many things these days that stretch across the landscape of security policy, but he continues to give unusual focus for this very important issue. For many, many years we’ve rather drifted intellectually on the question of nuclear policy. The chairman has not. He has been there. He’s now ready to help the rest of us get up to speed, and we’re going to hear some of that tonight with his remarks.

https://www.csis.org/analysis/assessing-2018-nuclear-posture-review-closing-keynote-and-discussion
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 11:22:12 am by rangerrebew »