Author Topic: Delta CEO says, 'Our values are not for sale,' after Georgia lawmakers drop tax break  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder what the Delta share holders think about all this. I'm guessing they would prefer Delta
not get involved in political wars.

It will be interesting to see what other "groups" Delta decides to pick fights with.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline bilo

I wonder what the Delta share holders think about all this. I'm guessing they would prefer Delta
not get involved in political wars.

My first thought as well. If I own stock in a company I want the CEO to work to maximize the return on my investment. If the CEO wants to get involved in politics the CEO should do it on their own time. I will not buy anything at target because of their radical left wing support and now I will not fly Delta.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
My first thought as well. If I own stock in a company I want the CEO to work to maximize the return on my investment. If the CEO wants to get involved in politics the CEO should do it on their own time. I will not buy anything at target because of their radical left wing support and now I will not fly Delta.

I had stopped buying at Target before they made any political stances, I had problems with their actually stocking the merchandise I wanted to buy, even after advertising on their website they had it in the store's inventory.  JC Penney was in trouble before the political issues because of their pricing policies, and they aggravated that with some issues concerning store layout that made it difficult for shoppers.

Usually companies go down the toilet for more pedestrian reasons than their politics.  It's not the politics, it's the policies.  When Delta founders, it will be because of their stupid day-to-day decisions.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

How bad is Target? 

How about a 32% drop while its competitors add value during the past year.

Target mgt is killing off the company due to stupid social stands it takes.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Fantom

I don't care what Delta does.    I fly Southwest whenever possible.  Better airfares, free baggage check (up to 2 bags) and great customer service.  Who needs Delta?  I sure don't.

Just bought me some LUV stock, rotated out of NTDOY after a nice gain. Hope to pick up 5% while NTDOY cools off a bit then rotate back.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 01:50:51 am by Fantom »
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

If it wasn't a big deal then the CEO wouldn't have made a statement.

888high58888  We have a winner.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass