Author Topic: “Peace Officers” vs. “Law Enforcement Officers”  (Read 230 times)

Offline endicom

Active Response Training
Greg Ellifritz
Jan 8, 2018

Last week, I became involved in a discussion about the term “law enforcement officer.”  That’s what many cops are calling themselves these days. The words sound almost professional.  The problem isn’t really with the term itself; it’s when officers embrace the idea that their sole occupational mission is to find and arrest as many law breakers as they can.  If only things were that simple.  Our true mission is one that is exponentially more complex than that.

My hard charging cop readers (and their supervisors) will likely hate what I have to say.  That’s OK.  Read the article anyway.  Think about the ideas I discuss.  My guess is that after 20+ years policing your community, you’ll eventually come to similar conclusions.  It’s an issue of perspective; and I guarantee your perspective will change after a couple more decades in the game.  If you read and embrace the ideals of this article, you’ll be far ahead of the curve and you will lead a much happier and more productive life.

More... http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/peace-officers-vs-law-enforcement-officers