Author Topic: Mike Huckabee Resigns From Country Music Association Board as Nashville Firestorm Ignites  (Read 1522 times)

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
Mike Huckabee Resigns From Country Music Association Board as Nashville Firestorm Ignites

Almost as quickly as he was appointed, conservative radio host Mike Huckabee has resigned from the board of the CMA Foundation, an educational arm of the Country Music Association. “The CMA Foundation has accepted former Governor Mike Huckabee’s resignation from its Board of Directors, effective immediately,” the CMA said in a statement late Thursday afternoon, just a day after revealing that Huckabee had joined the board, an announcement that immediately set off a firestorm in the country music community.

The CMA had obviously seen Huckabee’s appointment as apolitical, since the former Arkansas governor had long been a champion of putting the arts in schools, which is the CMA Foundation’s mission. But hardly everyone thought it was possible to view Huckabee’s philanthropic efforts as separate from his hardline politics. “Basically, every gay man in town is furious,”...

Continue reading: http://variety.com/2018/music/news/mike-huckabee-resigns-country-music-foundation-nashville-controversy-1202714847/

Tell me again which side of the aisle is supposed to be the intolerant ones.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Mike Huckabee Resigns From Country Music Association Board as Nashville Firestorm Ignites

Tell me again which side of the aisle is supposed to be the intolerant ones.

Militant faggotry at its finest.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Country music just isn't the same anymore, my wide tunes the radio to a country station and I ask her why their playing rap or hip hop? I expect to hear lyrics like " My husband walked out on me and I just don't feel like a man anymore". There is just too much of what used to be called "Bubble Gum" music that they pass for country.

Online andy58-in-nh

Country music just isn't the same anymore, my wide tunes the radio to a country station and I ask her why their playing rap or hip hop? I expect to hear lyrics like " My husband walked out on me and I just don't feel like a man anymore". There is just too much of what used to be called "Bubble Gum" music that they pass for country.

"Nashville" isn't country, and it never was, right back to the days when old Hank Williams and his Driftin' Cowboy Band couldn't find a producer or a record company willing to take a chance on anything without a good hook and radio appeal.

Country is many things: bluegrass, rockabilly, Appalachian fiddle tunes, Texas Red Dirt music, southern rock, Delta blues, gospel hymns and old road songs, among them.

What you hear on most "Country" FM stations today is formulaic, mass-produced pop with a southern twang.  When people tell me they can't stand what they understand as "country music" I tell them that I understand completely.  I can't stand that shit either.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline corbe

Your playing it wrong, spin it backwards, The dog and the Bit*ch come back to torment you some more.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

Your playing it wrong, spin it backwards, The dog and the Bit*ch come back to torment you some more.
I like you. People say I've no taste, but I like you.

Offline corbe

I'm honored @Wingnut but I realized a long time ago I get up pretty early to keep up with you and Frank in the Wit and Charm department.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline WingNot

I'm honored @Wingnut but I realized a long time ago I get up pretty early to keep up with you and Frank in the Wit and Charm department.

Corbe I know you are nobody's fool,  but maybe someone will adopt you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Awwww!  You two are so sweet.    :laugh:

Offline corbe

@Emjay pushed me out of the moving car in front of the Fire Station a couple of months ago, I've been lost ever since. RiV, bless her heart, comes by every once in a while and throws table scraps at me.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
! No longer available

*remove the 's' from 'https' and your videos will show for half the people here, the others just click on ! No longer available and they get it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 02:16:23 am by MOD8 »
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

I do miss you so, Sweetheart.

! No longer available