Author Topic: Schumer unveils Democratic gun control plan with plea for Trump support  (Read 282 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Schumer unveils Democratic gun control plan with plea for Trump support
By Jordain Carney - 03/01/18 01:34 PM EST

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Thursday unveiled his caucus' three-part gun control plan and urged President Trump to "buck the NRA" to support their effort after the Florida high school shooting.

Schumer also signaled that there may be dissent within the ranks of Democrats as he announced the "comprehensive, three-part plan."

The most controversial part of the Democratic plan outlined by Schumer is a demand that a ban on assault weapons be part of the Senate debate.

"We believe there should be a debate on assault weapons on the floor of the Senate. Not every member of our caucus will support that ban but the vast majority will," Schumer told reporters.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/376286-schumer-unveils-democratic-gun-control-plan-with-plea-for-trump-support
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline andy58-in-nh

Isn't it amazing how, whether they are in the majority or the minority, the Democrats ALWAYS control the agenda in Congress?
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I really want to read the story. However, anything that contains his name and quotes conjures up the image of him peering condescendingly over those half glasses at the end of his nose and that awful nasal voice. It’s very challenging.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Democrats want to ban "assault weapons" and they get to decide what is an assault weapon. "We are going to ban assault weapons to save our children. But our children are 20 times more likely to be killed by a pistol than an assault weapon. We need to ban pistols to really save our children"
Countdown to Resignation

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Chuckie is such a putz. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."