Author Topic: Robert Mueller reportedly examining Trump's turbulent dynamic with Jeff Sessions  (Read 605 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Robert Mueller reportedly examining Trump's turbulent dynamic with Jeff Sessions
Washington Examiner, Feb 28, 2018, Diana Stancy Correll

President Trump's chaotic relationship with his attorney general, Jeff Sessions, has reportedly drawn the scrutiny of special counsel Robert Mueller and his team, specifically on any effort Trump may have made to remove Sessions from his position last year.

Mueller, who is leading the federal investigation into whether the Trump campaign colluded with Russia in the 2016 election, is honing in on what Trump said in private in July and August last year and is asking witnesses detailed questions about Trump’s opinion of Sessions at that time, according to the Washington Post.

At the time, Trump had publicly rebuked Sessions, calling him “beleaguered” for not “looking into Crooked Hillary’s crimes.” Trump also said in an interview in July 2017 that it was “unfair” to him for Sessions to recuse himself from the Russia probe. Trump said if he had known Sessions would do so, he would have probably chosen someone else to head the Justice Department.

More: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/robert-mueller-reportedly-examining-trumps-turbulent-dynamic-with-jeff-sessions/article/2650353

Online Right_in_Virginia

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They are trying to tie Trump's hands to make him feel that he is not able to fire any of his staff except those approved by Mueller.

BTW, this is just another of a dozen big red flags that Sessions is not with the President. If the deep State didn't love Jeff Sessions then they would not fight so hard for him.

I read an analysis that postulated that Sessions only pretended to support Trump in order to get on the inside, and because he is a cowering weasel. He never intended to actually support Trump in anything. He is content to stand on the sidelines and be a skirt wearing cheerleader as long as he is never called into the game.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

All the wrong people are protecting Sessions, and this is disturbing.

@240B

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All the wrong people are protecting Sessions, and this is disturbing.
@Right_in_Virginia

Well there is no way possible firing Sessions could lead to obstruction of justice or any kind of claim at all since he hasn't done a goddam thing since he took office. Sessions is the invisible man.

I cannot imagine what Mueller thinks he is 'investigating'. I think Trump should call their bluff and break this blockade the deep state has boxed him into. Sooner or later Trump either has to exert his authority or he will lose it for good.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 01:32:59 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Right_in_Virginia

@Right_in_Virginia

Well there is no way possible firing Sessions could lead to obstruction of justice or any kind of claim at all since he hasn't done a goddam thing since he took office. Sessions is the invisible man. ...

Well, turn this around.  If the President fires Sessions and replaces him with someone who isn't bound by a recusal and is free to monitor Mueller, the new AG could well bring Mueller back to his original charter and end the fishing expedition. --- Mueller, in turn, might try and turn this change in personnel into deliberate and premeditated obstruction of justice by the President.

This is what, I believe, ties the President's hands.

@240B