Author Topic: End Game: "It’s Time For Gun Abolition. We Need To Ban All Civilian Guns."  (Read 7521 times)

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Do you know how many people issued a GVRO walk right through them every year and kill the people they are designed to protect?

Again...maybe if you got out of the classroom and into the real world you'd understand just how ineffective what you're proposing is in reality.

I believe there have been around 10 in CA during the last year.  How do we know they weren't effective?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline roamer_1

I believe there have been around 10 in CA during the last year.  How do we know they weren't effective?

Well I can tell you how effective restraining orders are. Probably likewise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The question isn't how many restraining orders were disobeyed, but how many were obeyed.  Folks on this thread get wood at the idea of being outlaws,  but most of us are willing to obey a lawful court order because of the potential consequences. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
The question isn't how many restraining orders were disobeyed, but how many were obeyed.  Folks on this thread get wood at the idea of being outlaws,  but most of us are willing to obey a lawful court order because of the potential consequences.

Well, it's 'lawful orders' from government to do property confiscations and commit genocide too.  In fact South Africa just made it legal to seize all property and land belonging to whites, with the warning that they 'are not advocating the slaughter of white people.... just yet'.

If most are willing to follow orders and get onto boxcars for camps, it is because most people are willing to sell themselves into slavery and subjugation for the empty promise of bread, safety and security.  The few who refuse are actually the only ones capable of having or maintaining liberty for any length of time.

And yes, we are willing to be rebels from your lawless government when it decides it can "legally" infringe, ban and confiscate our arms while rendering a right into a privilege they grant upon their discretion.   They will have the war you are pushing for.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
The President is achieving conservative results that even Reagan couldn't.   The target on his back is large,  and conservatives (who continue to bitch and squabble with one another) had better unite and quick or a reactionary tidal wave may create the conditions for a lot of destruction.

Well, the problem is, he’s playing with two hot issues - immigration and gun rights - that are important to conservatives.  People can talk about what will get 60 votes all they want, but some things are unacceptable.

You can’t expect me to be happy with a wall when the 30-something DACA ‘kids’ Jose and Consuelo are allowed to stay on the north side of it.  Don’t tell me their half dozen or more children will be conservatives, either. 

I’m also not satisfied with the extensive list of guns some are waiting to ban for the most ridiculous reasons and being told I can still have the ones they deem appropriate.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
And of course the problem isn't with those that would obey, it's those that wouldn't. Someone intent on doing harm or killing someone will find a way, no gun no sweat they'll use a knife, run them down with their car , beat them to death with a baseball bat. Infringing on honest law abiding citizens won't stop crazy, never has. And there were laws and procedures in place that would have stopped Cruz and a number of other mass shooter if law enforcement had just followed them..................period!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Invar wrote:
"I do not know what course others will stake, but for me - this is the hill to resist and die on.  The funny thing is, they are going to have to empower their government to equip agents with guns to go out and kill those gun owners with guns,  who refuse to comply and surrender them should they get their wish."

Go here and read the subtitle:
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf

Afterwards, you might consider reading the entire book...

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Invar wrote:
"I do not know what course others will stake, but for me - this is the hill to resist and die on.  The funny thing is, they are going to have to empower their government to equip agents with guns to go out and kill those gun owners with guns,  who refuse to comply and surrender them should they get their wish."

Go here and read the subtitle:
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/133469/The_Turner_Diaries.pdf

Afterwards, you might consider reading the entire book...

Thanks. 

Actually I enjoyed 'Unintended Consequences' a lot more.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

Holy crow, like whatever law they broke to get a lawful restraining order slapped on them?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Right. We have to believe that we the people can still have a role in such 'clarification'.

In essence he's telling us to stand aside and let the 'experts' handle it.

And of course he believes he's one of the "experts" who is smarter than us and therefore should tell us what to do.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

Folks on this thread get wood at the idea of being outlaws

Thanks for ruining Outlaw Night for me and the Mrs.  Back into storage goes the stetson and duster.  Stay away from the medical threads, so I can still use my old labcoat for Mad Scientist night.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Folks on this thread get wood at the idea of being outlaws,  but most of us are willing to obey a lawful court order because of the potential consequences.

Probably doesn't happen near as often as you "get wood" at the thought of abrogating basic civil liberties and Constitutional rights of millions of law abiding Americans because you think you know better than they do how to run their every day lives and live them the way they see fit.

You lend a lot of credence to the last 15 pages or so of Animal Farm.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:06:29 am by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline GtHawk

Thanks for ruining Outlaw Night for me and the Mrs.  Back into storage goes the stetson and duster.  Stay away from the medical threads, so I can still use my old labcoat for Mad Scientist night.
@edpc
Let me get you some lab coat eyewash to clear that outlaw image for ya!

Okay, you can get back on topic now before I get slammed for hi-jacking the thread.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Probably doesn't happen near as often as you "get wood" at the thought of abrogating basic civil liberties and Constitutional rights of millions of law abiding Americans because you think you know better than they do how to run their every day lives and live them the way they see fit.

You lend a lot of credence to the last 15 pages or so of Animal Farm.

Heck, he IS animal farm.  The amount of lecturing he launches here about equality, but how some animals are more equal than others is endless.   How 'Rights' are guaranteed and cannot be denied, unless they are denied because one does not receive government permission.  He is a walking epitome of Ingsoc.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
@edpc
Let me get you some lab coat eyewash to clear that outlaw image for ya!

Okay, you can get back on topic now before I get slammed for hi-jacking the thread.

Topic?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

Offline RoosGirl

Cripes, you talking about that makes me want to scratch my brain out more than Jazz saying some of us get wood for being willing to stand up for ourselves.

Offline edpc

Cripes, you talking about that makes me want to scratch my brain out more than Jazz saying some of us get wood for being willing to stand up for ourselves.

Well, that was a letdown.  I was hoping to at least qualify for your ‘Ew!’ gif.

Offline RoosGirl

Well, that was a letdown.  I was hoping to at least qualify for your ‘Ew!’ gif.

"Ew!" doesn't cover it.

Offline edpc

"Ew!" doesn't cover it.

‘Ew’ wouldn’t cover it.  That’s what the lab coat is for.   :laugh:

Offline RoosGirl

‘Ew’ wouldn’t cover it.  That’s what the lab coat is for.   :laugh:

LOL

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
‘Ew’ wouldn’t cover it.  That’s what the lab coat is for.   

Gives an entirely new dimension to the topic of gun abolition now doesn't it?

Offline RoosGirl

Gives an entirely new dimension to the topic of gun abolition now doesn't it?

I'm beginning to think "riding shotgun" doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
I'm beginning to think "riding shotgun" doesn't mean what I thought it meant.

We'll double-barreled shot.... er.... never mind.

Offline edpc

I’d like to claim the title of ‘Henry rifle,’ but I’d be lying.  Back to the regularly scheduled program, before security gets me.....

! No longer available