Author Topic: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'  (Read 12591 times)

Offline thackney

Re: Trump: 'Take the guns first, go through due process second'
« Reply #225 on: March 01, 2018, 08:18:09 pm »
Good stuff!.. LOL   

Now was it Wilde or Shaw who said "England and America are two countries divided by a common language."

I thought it was Churchill.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #226 on: March 01, 2018, 08:22:32 pm »
I thought it was Churchill.

I don't think so on this one.  He did say we "Americans will always do the right thing once we have exhausted all other options"  Which is true...most of the time.!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #227 on: March 01, 2018, 08:26:59 pm »
‘Was it Wilde or Shaw?’ The answer appears to be: both. In The Canterville Ghost (1887), Wilde wrote: ‘We have really everything in common with America nowadays except, of course, language’. However, the 1951 Treasury of Humorous Quotations (Esar & Bentley) quotes Shaw as saying: ‘England and America are two countries separated by the same language’, but without giving a source. The quote had earlier been attributed to Shaw in Reader’s Digest (November 1942).
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Stevensr123

« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2018, 08:28:46 pm »
@Stevensr123

Then what, pray tell,  do you find so bizarre?
Just the complete normality of it, but again its a class of cultures  ^-^

My personal opinions though is that your country was founded upon the right to own a gun, their are hundreds of millions in circulation and its impossible to get rid of them so they should stop trying. Instead they should:

1. Actually enforce the policies already made
2. increase mental health support
3. More protection of schools -  it astounds me given the current predicament of so many losers wanting to shoot up schools, that their isn't law enforcement at every single school in america.
4. Make gun education mandatory in schools - teach kids about them, explain that they are not toys, they are tools that have immense power and they are not to be taken lightly and ingrain in them the proper ways of handling them and the laws surrounding them

Thats just my thoughts though :) I could be completely wrong  :laugh:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 08:29:59 pm by Stevensr123 »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2018, 08:31:37 pm »
Just the complete normality of it, but against its a class of cultures  ^-^

My personal opinions though is that your country was founded upon the right to own a gun, their are hundreds of millions in circulation and its impossible to get rid of them so they should stop trying. Instead they should:

1. Actually enforce the policies alright made
2. increase mental health support
3. More protection of schools -  it astounds me given the current predicament of so many losers wanting to shoot up schools, that their isn't law enforcement at every single school in america.
4. Make gun education mandatory in schools - teach kids about them, explain that they are not toys, they are tools that have immense power and they are not to be taken lightly and ingrain in them the proper ways of handling them and the laws surrounding them

Thats just my thoughts though :) I could be completely wrong  :laugh:

#4 used to be done in schools. Then the left wing in the country and their irrational fear of guns made sure those types of classes were removed.

But in any event...it shouldn't be the schools teaching that...it's up to the parents and family members tondo that.

School need to concentrate on teaching kids to read and spell correctly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline edpc

« Reply #230 on: March 01, 2018, 08:35:28 pm »
School need to concentrate on teaching kids to read and spell correctly.

The spelling portion was always my beef with the phrase ‘learning the three Rs.’

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #231 on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »

The spelling portion was always my beef with the phrase ‘learning the three Rs.’

Blame it on those tea-slurping slowcoaches that gave us the language!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #232 on: March 01, 2018, 08:51:23 pm »
... English language and technology and Christianity ...

I would like to add English Common Law and terriers to that list.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #233 on: March 01, 2018, 08:59:10 pm »

So you have a Mr Social Justice Warrior, let's call him David. Well David really hates gun owners. He sees many comments on local news articles by a man named Pete defending the NRA and gun ownership. So David decides to take action. He and his friends call their local police chief (good old progressive guy too) over and over making accusations that Pete is mentally unstable. They don't really know Pete or if be really is, but in their mind, anyone who thinks like Pete is a danger to society.

So Mr police Chief, listening to David and his friends, confiscate all of Pete's guns with zero due process and very little recourse.

This isn't crazy, it already happens with parents having children removed by CPS for the parents beliefs. It ilso is how SJWs stifle speech on social media.

@AbaraXas

So Pete sues the pants off the local PD and the snitch,and ends up owning everything the snitch had,sells it,and uses the money to buy a few new Class 3 MG's.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline edpc

« Reply #234 on: March 01, 2018, 08:59:48 pm »
@Stevensr123

So, what due process would someone where you live receive?  Let’s say it was this kind of scenario:

You think you're mad, too unstable
Kicking in chairs and knocking down tables
In a restaurant in a West End town
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:00:16 pm by edpc »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #235 on: March 01, 2018, 09:07:47 pm »
You believe authorities should be allowed to take all weapons if "someone" reports them to be crazy?

Guilty until proven innocent without investigation?

Or do I misunderstand you?

@thackney

You CLEARLY misunderstand not only me,but the legality of the process. "Emotionally disturbed" is a MEDICAL condition,and only a MD that is a shrink can tag you with that label. Your neighbors can't,and neither can the cops. If the cops come and detain you and confiscate your weapons without a diagnosis stating you are suffering from a mental condition you can sue them AND the snitch for false arrest and a host of other things. Especially the snitch if he or she isn't a licensed shrink.

What cops CAN and WILL do is come to check on you if they get reports you are acting crazy regardless of if you have weapons or not. If the cops that show up at your door think you appear to be on vacation from reality,they CAN and WILL "detain you for a mental exam by a professional",and the shrink will decide if you are a head case or not. ONLY if the shrink decides you are mentally disturbed and a danger to the public can the cops legally seize your weapons,and even then they can only seize them if you are being released to go back home. Which means you can't be THAT much of a threat,so you can and will get them back,and once you get them back you can sue the hell out of the neighbor,etc,etc,etc that dropped the dime on you.

There is nothing new about this. There has never been a time in the history of this,or any other country where weapons weren't taken away from known dangerous loons. The only exceptions of course being dangerous loons that wore crowns on their heads.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:09:24 pm by sneakypete »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #236 on: March 01, 2018, 09:08:27 pm »
@AbaraXas

So Pete sues the pants off the local PD and the snitch,and ends up owning everything the snitch had,sells it,and uses the money to buy a few new Class 3 MG's.

Here is a fun challenge, find the past time something like this actually happened. The court and law enforcement system is designed to protect itself.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #237 on: March 01, 2018, 09:08:50 pm »
@AbaraXas

What if the PD is immunized, because the good ol' boy Chief acted "in good faith?"  And what if the snitch doesn't have two nickels to rub together?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:09:06 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #238 on: March 01, 2018, 09:15:12 pm »
Sad and yet totally predictable you'd have this attitude towards Trump making that kind of statement...but would be in a hand wringing hysterical panic if Hillary or Obama had said the same thing.

@txradioguy

Are you REALLY so freaking dense you can't understand the difference between Hillary or Obomber and Trump? Both Bubbette! and Bathhouse Barry are life-long communists that have wanted the government to seize guns from citizens since they were teens.

Trump,on the other hand,owns guns,has a CCW permit in NYC,and has a personal history of being pro-gun.

What the HELL is the matter with you people? Are you so in love with the alleged Republican Party Usual Suspects for President that you have lost every bit of common sense? Up to this date Trump has been the most conservative president since Reagan,and all you clowns have done since day 1 is scream about "he's just like Hillary and Obama! WAAAAH! WAAAAH! WAAAH!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #239 on: March 01, 2018, 09:21:23 pm »
And what about that thing called the 4th Amendment?

@txradioguy

PLEASE point out where it says crazy people have the right to own weapons..

What was truly crazy was allowing the left to get all the state mental hospitals closed,and all the craze and borderline crazy people let free to try to fend for themselves. The left doesn't give a single damn about the welfare of the mentally disturbed,they did it to try to create chaos so their much lusted after Communist Revolution might happen.

EVERYTHING the left does is done to try to destroy our way of live in order to create another Communist Slave State.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2018, 09:23:17 pm »
Yes...this was exactly what the Soviets used so effectively in maintaining tyranny.

I don't know.  Perhaps because so few know history or the Constitution, so they think things like due process are mere niceties, to fall by the wayside until the government decides the citizens may have their rights back.

@Suppressed

Ok,you are hopeless. Change your screen name to Depressed and be done with it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2018, 09:23:18 pm »
What if the PD is immunized, because the good ol' boy Chief acted "in good faith?"  And what if the snitch doesn't have two nickels to rub together?

End result is the same.  The lawful gun owner who did nothing wrong doesn't get his weapons back until the months or years of litigation is over with.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2018, 09:25:47 pm »
IIRC...FDR did the same thing...St. Elizabeth's in DC was used for basically the same purpose.

@txradioguy

King Franklin used St.Elizabeth's as a place to lock away and drug into oblivion other politicians that tried to stand in his way. I don't think "normal people" went there,only people that pissed off Comrade Roosevelt or his lovely cousin-wife.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2018, 09:25:54 pm »
@txradioguy

PLEASE point out where it says crazy people have the right to own weapons..

Please show where due process rights make exceptions for "crazy people".

What was truly crazy was allowing the left to get all the state mental hospitals closed,and all the craze and borderline crazy people let free to try to fend for themselves. The left doesn't give a single damn about the welfare of the mentally disturbed,they did it to try to create chaos so their much lusted after Communist Revolution might happen.

No argument from me on that.

EVERYTHING the left does is done to try to destroy our way of live in order to create another Communist Slave State.

I agree...however we shouldn't help them achieve their end goal.

Offline thackney

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2018, 09:27:14 pm »
@thackney ...
What cops CAN and WILL do is come to check on you if they get reports you are acting crazy regardless of if you have weapons or not. If the cops that show up at your door think you appear to be on vacation from reality,they CAN and WILL "detain you for a mental exam by a professional",and the shrink will decide if you are a head case or not. ONLY if the shrink decides you are mentally disturbed and a danger to the public can the cops legally seize your weapons,and even then they can only seize them if you are being released to go back home....

Thanks for clarifying.  I suspected there was more than just "when someone is reported to the police to be acting crazy,you take his or her weapons away from them..."

Does judge sign anything like they would for a search warrant?  Or is it only the police and the doctor working together for a legal seizure of your weapons?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2018, 09:27:37 pm »
End result is the same.  The lawful gun owner who did nothing wrong doesn't get his weapons back until the months or years of litigation is over with.

@txradioguy
If he does then.  There are many cases nationwide where peoples guns are taken as evidence and never returned.   The police dept just refuses to turn them over and the only option is to get a court order, which costs more than the gun.  Even then some police depts have refused to return firearms.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2018, 09:28:16 pm »
**nononono*

@PartyPodPeople

Don't worry about it. EVERYBODY but you is wrong,and one day you will have the honor of voting for another piece of shit Texan for President.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2018, 09:29:02 pm »
@Suppressed

Ok,you are hopeless. Change your screen name to Depressed and be done with it.

That's okay...I can just declare you crazy and have all your rights stripped, and you'll be fine with it.  That will cheer me up.

(Seriously, though, it wouldn't.  I don't find tyranny amusing.)
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2018, 09:31:38 pm »
@Victoria33

I think you're letting your dislike for him as a person color your judgement.

@driftdiver

They are all steamed that Trump beat Cruz,and having hissy-fits over it 24/7.  They do love their "regular Republicans". You know,the kind that have stabbed us in the back every since Reagan left office?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2018, 09:32:56 pm »
@driftdriver

No, I evaluate his "behavior".  That was my job for over twenty years, evaluating behavior.  His behavior tells me he likely has a personality disorder, along with a learning disability.  Numerous mental professionals also believe this, due to his behavior that fits certain mental disorders. It is my opinion, he should not be president due to this.  Also, due to this, he may not be president for his whole term.

@Victoria33

You also believe in Holy Spooks and all sorts of other foolish crap.