Author Topic: PBS Launching New Conservative Political Talk Show  (Read 496 times)

Offline endicom

PBS Launching New Conservative Political Talk Show
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:31:19 pm »
Lenovo - AP
David Bauder
Feb. 28, 2018

NEW YORK (AP) — Columnist Michael Gerson and commentator Amy Holmes are teaming to start a conservative-oriented talk show on PBS that takes its cue from William F. Buckley's "Firing Line," which aired from 1966 to 1999.

The new show, "In Principle," will air Friday nights starting April 13. PBS will decide after an eight-week run whether to continue.

The hosts plan to interview two guests each show, hoping for an in-depth discussion on issues and their formative political experiences. No guests have been announced yet, but Gershon said he'd like to discuss issues like race, gun control and whether conservatism is the right message for the working class.

More... http://startpage.lenovo.com/news/read/category/entertainment/article/the_associated_press-pbs_launching_new_conservative_political_talk_show-ap

Offline endicom

Re: PBS Launching New Conservative Political Talk Show
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 04:31:34 pm »
Lenovo?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 07:32:07 pm »
It's a wide open market for Gerson.  Long format ideological, ethical, and moral discussions have nearly vanished from network and cable news.  Insults and zingers sell commercial time.

I don't know how big the audience for rational discussion is, so Gerson might want to contact Jim McMahon or who ever is in charge of WWE and see if he can arrange some cage matches between the left and right.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 07:46:20 pm »

"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 08:01:05 pm »

I would watch the idiot box, if they had Jordan Peterson, Scott Adams, Ben Shapiro, Stefan Molyneux and a few others.....collectively considered to be a new breed that post moreso on streaming sites.

One label I heard of is "intellectual dark web."

Do yourself a favor. Go to www.youtube.com

pull up Jordan Peterson

Listen a little

Now consider the "elites" called him "alt-right."

Yet he is merely a brilliant Toronto based, Psychology professor, free speech supporter, etc.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:01:08 pm »
I would really appreciate this as a counterpoint to the more liberal programs I listen to regularly.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 08:20:28 pm »
I would watch the idiot box, if they had Jordan Peterson, Scott Adams, Ben Shapiro, Stefan Molyneux and a few others.....collectively considered to be a new breed that post moreso on streaming sites.

All 4 are amazing intellectuals.  Adams less than the other 3 but he makes up for it in humor.  I could not agree more.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2018, 08:22:12 pm »
I would really appreciate this as a counterpoint to the more liberal programs I listen to regularly.

Yes, it does sound good.  What do you normally listen to?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2018, 08:30:35 pm »
Columnist Michael Gerson and commentator Amy Holmes

Were David Axlerod and Gloria Steinem unavailable?

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2018, 08:33:45 pm »
Yes, it does sound good.  What do you normally listen to?

In Los Angeles, there have been two public radio stations with decent local and national issues discussions.  "Airtalk" on KPCC covers local, national, and international issues with a call-in format.  Larry Mantle tries hard to present a variety of perspectives, but it's still a bit skewed.  Warren Olney on KCRW was a great journalist who hosted a local issues show and a national/international program, as well, but I think he retired.

I tried listening to KFI talk radio, but there's just too much screaming for me ;( and mostly just talking heads.  I prefer discussions.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.