Author Topic: CPAC is What Trumpism Is Doing to Conservatism  (Read 2492 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: CPAC is What Trumpism Is Doing to Conservatism
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2018, 06:55:32 pm »

.... it's the messengers.  They're belligerent, uncaring, judgmental, didactic, robotic, unattractive on all levels and thoroughly unlikeable. 

It's really refreshing to see you share with us in public the results of your own internal analysis of yourself and your behavior as well as some others here over the last couple years. 

I believe that's the first sign that you're on the road to recovery.

Thanks for sharing.

Voters need to see the humanity in a candidate.  Conservatives would do very well to study THIS.

That's rich coming from someone who voted for a narcissistic out of touch Democrat disguised as a Republican who allowed people like you to release their ugly inner bully on society and make politics a bigger cesspool than what it already was.

You know there for a brief second I thought you wanted to actually talk intelligently about this issue...thought we were making progress towards some meaningful dialogue.

Then you reverted to form.  Won't make that mistake again.

Go back to wilting flowers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2018, 07:01:09 pm »
If you don't wish to belong to the GOP, then why do you care about those of us who remain? 

I don't.  I care about the principles of Conservatism you and yours shit on daily.   You and your party are welcome to stay on your ship as it sinks beneath the waves of Statism.

If you seek the party's demise,  how are you effectively any different than a liberal?

Liberals like you have already succeeded in your party's demise.  It's a ship taking on the sea of Liberal Statist values and sinking fast.

I'm working to get Conservatives OUT of your party and into a lifeboat headed to something new that values and upholds their principles.

Not dissimilar from how many left TOS when it became corrupted to the point of absurdity - and TBR became a home that welcomed and upheld Conservative principles above the demand for support of a cult of personality.  Lot of lifelines were tossed out to longtime members who thought they had nowhere else to go.

TBR is a microcosm of what our intentions are in creating a home for principled Constitutional and Social Conservatives. 

And TBR is still growing, despite all the ridicule, shaming and discrediting attempts and declarations of how this board will never become anything substantial and a total waste of time from those that fundamentally transformed TOS into the intolerant mess it is today.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline jpsb

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2018, 07:04:54 pm »
Lack of fiscal responsibility

Huge "infrastructure" expenditures and protection for entitlements.

Pro Kelo eminent domain.

Against returning federal lands to the states thinks the Feds are doing a "wonderful job" managing lands they seized from the states.

Continued funding of planned parenthood.

Do I seriously have to explain to you why those aren't Conservative?

I'm not defending Bushism...until Obama came along he held the record for the President who increased the federal deficit by the largest amount in the history of the Country.

I'm defending Reagan style Conservatism.  The style of Conservatism that led to the two biggest landslide victories in the history of the U.S. and started an economic tidal wave that lasted early into the Bush 43 administration.

THAT is the kind of Conservatism I'm talking about.

As far as Ike goes...He accepted and in some cases even expanded the New Deal.  He was the first demand-side Keynesian in the White House, and like many presidents after him, he listened to the people who said productivity (supply) doesn't matter as long as spending grows. It took nearly 30 years for Congress to realize that paying perpetually higher prices for the same bundle of goods was leading us down the road to perdition. We still haven't fixed the policy problems from the post-war era.

Reagan won the cold war so he goes down as one of the great presidents. He also blew up
the deficit by not being fiscally responsible and gave us our open borders problem with his 86
amnesty.  That amnesty might very well kill the republic if we don't get behind Trump and his
crack down on illegals.

Of all you've listed the only one I can agree with is kelo. Trump is wrong on that as is Sessions
on property forfeitures.

Trump just gave Utah a bunch of federal land. So he is not against returning federal land to the
states. He does not control funding, he tried like hell to defund PP, take that up with Congress.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2018, 07:10:05 pm »
The question for me is... will Trumpism win without Trump? I see no evidence that it will.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2018, 07:19:49 pm »
It's really refreshing to see you share with us in public the results of your own internal analysis of yourself and your behavior as well as some others here over the last couple years. 

I believe that's the first sign that you're on the road to recovery.  Thanks for sharing.

Oops .. I forgot sanctimonious and dismissive.

That's rich coming from someone who voted for a narcissistic out of touch Democrat disguised as a Republican who allowed people like you to release their ugly inner bully on society and make politics a bigger cesspool than what it already was.

Belligerent and unlikable.

You know there for a brief second I thought you wanted to actually talk intelligently about this issue...thought we were making progress towards some meaningful dialogue.

We were and we did.  Thanks for proving my points about the messengers.

Go back to wilting flowers.

Robotic.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2018, 07:52:51 pm »
The question for me is... will Trumpism win without Trump? I see no evidence that it will.

I see it differently - I think Trumpism has a brighter future without Trump than with him.   If I were him,  I'd point to the booming economy produced by tax cuts and regulatory reform, and declare myself willing and eager to get back to my businesses.   An announcement that Trump is content to be a one-term President could turn a coalition of traditional conservatives and working folks into a governing majority that could last a generation.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2018, 09:37:39 pm »
I see it differently - I think Trumpism has a brighter future without Trump than with him.   If I were him,  I'd point to the booming economy produced by tax cuts and regulatory reform, and declare myself willing and eager to get back to my businesses.   An announcement that Trump is content to be a one-term President could turn a coalition of traditional conservatives and working folks into a governing majority that could last a generation.   

The President has announced who his campaign manager is for the 2020 race @Jazzhead

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,305889.0.html

Hopefully this will end all the silly speculation that the President will/should announce he is a one term President.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2018, 10:07:00 pm »
The President has announced who his campaign manager is for the 2020 race @Jazzhead

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,305889.0.html

Hopefully this will end all the silly speculation that the President will/should announce he is a one term President.

And you folks were all worried and upset that Obama and the Democrats were making the Presidency a continuous and never-ending campaign trail where Presidential elections would start 2 to 3 years out from an election year.

My bad.   

It's okay when WE do it, and campaign 24/7 as the new method of governing.

And yet you people get all aflutter and upset when someone dares to say that there is no difference between the Republican Party and the Democrats save the speed at which they take us headlong into oblivion.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:08:25 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2018, 10:13:54 pm »
If you haven't helped the GOP since 2007,  why should I even listen to you?  You've been politically irrelevant for a decade now.  Did you enjoy the Obama years?   You should; you enabled them.

Oh, I don't know... With the dough me and my pals can raise, There is always someone who wants our attention. That is probably far more politically relevant than you.

I don't give a single shit what you do, or for that matter, what the Republican party does. Not my circus and not my monkey.  What I think is hilarious is that you think I should fall in line and start pulling with you when you don't offer a single damn thing I believe in, and much that I outright oppose. Screw that - That's the very definition of political irrelevance., and it will never, ever happen.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2018, 07:10:36 am »
@txradioguy

"40% of Americans consider themselves Conservative."

Hey there!  I've never seen that stat before; where did you find it?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2018, 09:19:47 am »
@txradioguy

"40% of Americans consider themselves Conservative."

Hey there!  I've never seen that stat before; where did you find it?

Well I didn't just pull them out of thin air.

Found it via a simple Google search.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/statements/2012/feb/24/marco-rubio/majority-americans-are-conservative-marco-rubio-sa/

http://news.gallup.com/poll/201152/conservative-liberal-gap-continues-narrow-tuesday.aspx

BTW before you ask...that's also how I found the numbers on percentage of registered Republicans that voted in 2016.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!