Author Topic: Students Protest After Teacher Suspended Over Florida School Shooting Comment  (Read 263 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer

Students at a New Jersey school stormed out of class and blocked hallways in protest of their teacher’s suspension for comments he made about the Florida school shooting.

History teacher Timothy Locke was suspended from his job at Cherry Hill High School East last week after a class discussion about the February 14 massacre, in which 17 people were killed. He expressed concerns that such an incident could take place at his school.

Locke, who is an Iraq War combat veteran, according to Philadelphia news website WHYY, said he was concerned about security and the fact that neither of the school security guards is armed. He drew comparisons between his school and Colorado's Columbine High School, where a mass shooting took place in 1999.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/students-protest-teacher-suspended-over-162712456.html
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 09:33:43 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline edpc

He voices a legitimate concern about school security and gets leave?    :shrug:

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Never call an unarmed man ‘security’

Call him ‘run-like-hell-when-the-man-with-the-gun-shows-up’ but never call an unarmed man security.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

How do you get in trouble for talking out of school when you were actually in it?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
He voices a legitimate concern about school security and gets leave?    :shrug:

Can't have frank legitimate discussions with the little darlings. 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 10:38:34 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
How do you get in trouble for talking out of school when you were actually in it?

Only approved "speak" is allowed in the schoolrooms.  Go off the resevation you are vilified.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Concerned

This school is in the next town over from me.  I drove by the school this morning while the "protest" was ongoing.  It looked as though there were a few hundred students milling around outside.  This was the second day of protests.  It will be interesting to see how long the school tolerates these short walkouts. 
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.