Author Topic: Sessions says DOJ will investigate alleged FISA abuses  (Read 211 times)

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Sessions says DOJ will investigate alleged FISA abuses
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:18:01 pm »
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/375863-sessions-says-justice-dept-will-investigate-alleged-fisa-abuses

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Tuesday that the Justice Department will investigate potential abuses of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act.

"Yes, it will be investigated," Sessions told reporters at the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, which oversees FISA warrants, according to the Washington Examiner.

He said looking into any abuses is the "appropriate thing" to do.

Sessions remarks follow allegations from President Trump last year that Obama administration officials misused their FISA authority to wrongly surveil his transition team.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Sessions says DOJ will investigate alleged FISA abuses
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:29 pm »
I will believe it when I actually SEE it goes beyond kabuki theater to produce results.

Until then, I say it's all just bullshit.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 09:19:36 pm »
In the history of FISA (33 years), only about 12 requests have been rejected.    So in 33 years only 12 didn't pass the muster.

A rejection rate of .03%
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 09:31:08 pm »
In the history of FISA (33 years), only about 12 requests have been rejected.    So in 33 years only 12 didn't pass the muster.

A rejection rate of .03%

It would be interesting to know the nature of those 12 rejections, e.g. why rejected?

The one (or more) in question concerning the Trump candidacy were supposedly rejected, once or more, before approval was reached. It would be interesting to know what was added or changed, to get approval.

Substance, or merely a different judge?

I have seen huge, complex flow diagrams, but I think the nature of the FISA corruption boils down to a simple few steps and items.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 11:54:35 pm »
Swell.  This is headed for the shitcan.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: