Author Topic: St. Louis high school won't let students return after walkout over gun violence  (Read 251 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
St. Louis high school won't let students return after walkout over gun violence
By Jacqueline Thomsen - 02/27/18 03:50 PM EST

A St. Louis high school wouldn’t allow students to return for the rest of the day after they walked out to protest gun violence on Monday.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that more than 100 students at Riverview Gardens High School participated in the walkout. However, school officials told students they wouldn’t be allowed to return to campus or ride school buses home if they took part in the protests.

Some of the students did try to return to campus, but were turned away by officials.

Many students also said that officials threatened to suspend them if they walked out, but an administrator disputed those claims.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/375867-st-louis-high-school-wont-let-students-return-after-walkout
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

They should have suspended them.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
They should have suspended them.

Hell Yeah.  Have they not learned from Mizzou, Ferguson, etc.   Inmates do not run the asylum.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Frank Cannon

Inmates are finding out they don't run the asylum. They should see that this type of shit threatens schools funding and management isn't going with pay cuts.

Offline Suppressed

Yup.  They might have tried to smuggle an EEEEvil Assault Gun [sic] in!
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline thackney

Needville ISD posted a statement to the Needville High School Facebook page from Superintendent Curtis Rhodes saying that while it is sensitive to the recent incident in Florida, it "will not allow a student demonstration during school hours for any type of protest or awareness!! Should students choose to do so, they will be suspended from school for 3 days and face all the consequences that come along with an out of school suspension."

The post also goes on to say that notes from parents will not stop the discipline.

http://abc13.com/education/needville-isd-not-allowing-school-walk-outs-amid-gun-violence-protests/3118299/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Needville ISD posted a statement to the Needville High School Facebook page from Superintendent Curtis Rhodes saying that while it is sensitive to the recent incident in Florida, it "will not allow a student demonstration during school hours for any type of protest or awareness!! Should students choose to do so, they will be suspended from school for 3 days and face all the consequences that come along with an out of school suspension."

The post also goes on to say that notes from parents will not stop the discipline.

http://abc13.com/education/needville-isd-not-allowing-school-walk-outs-amid-gun-violence-protests/3118299/

It doesn't matter, the media got its pictures and thats anyone will ever hear about.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Texas doing it right.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
At least there are a few schools here and there, where common sense prevails...