Author Topic: Georgia's Lt. Gov. Threatens To Kill Tax Break For Delta Airlines Amid NRA Spat  (Read 345 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/27/589047224/georgias-lt-gov-threatens-to-kill-tax-break-for-delta-airlines-amid-nra-spat

Georgia's lieutenant governor has threatened to block a proposed tax break for Delta Airlines unless the Atlanta-based carrier restores a discount program for National Rifle Association members that was pulled in the wake of the shooting in Parkland, Fla., earlier this month.

In the latest fallout from the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that killed 17 people, Republican Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle said he would "kill" legislation to give the airline a sales tax exemption on jet fuel "unless the company changes its position and fully reinstates its relationship with" the powerful gun-rights advocacy group.

"Corporations cannot attack conservatives and expect us not to fight back," Cagle said.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Works for me.  Sauce for the Goose.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Frank Cannon

This is why companies should stay they hell out of these issues.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
This is why companies should stay they hell out of these issues.

I agree.  But these days...baked into their business models is "social and environmental responsibility".
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Should have been handled like an Adult and responded like FedEx to the rats demanding boycotts.

"FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues."
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jpsb

Excellent news. Well done Lt. Gov.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Should have been handled like an Adult and responded like FedEx to the rats demanding boycotts.

"FedEx has never set or changed rates for any of our millions of customers around the world in response to their politics, beliefs or positions on issues."

Given the way Delta treats someone like me who travels with their weapon when I fly...I'm totally not surprised they did this.  They are very much anti gun owner...American is a close second.