Author Topic: First lady Melania Trump says she’s ‘heartened’ by student activism  (Read 640 times)

Offline Concerned

Melania Trump said Monday she has been “heartened” to see children nationwide speaking out after the Florida school shooting and trying to effect change. She said children are the future and “they deserve a voice.”

At a White House luncheon, the first lady offered thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by “such a senseless act.”

<snip>

Mrs. Trump said, as a parent, “I cannot imagine the kind of grief a tragedy like that brings” but that she has learned as first lady that tragedy often reveals the “strength and resilience” of the human spirit.

“I have been heartened to see children across this country using their voices to speak out and try to create change. They are our future and they deserve a voice,” she said during brief remarks at a luncheon in the White House Blue Room for spouses of the nation’s governors, who were meeting in Washington.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/first-lady-says-shes-heartened-by-student-activism/
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

What do people expect her to say? Eff these kids?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon

Shout them down like they do conservative voices on any campus in the USA>

Yeah that's the ticket.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline RoosGirl

There's a lot she could have said without making it sound like she agrees with them.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
She said children are the future and “they deserve a voice.”

Did she also say teach them well and let them lead the way?  She already ripped off Rick Astley at the convention.  Besides.....do the students’ voices have to be so bitchy and whiny?
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

There's a lot she could have said without making it sound like she agrees with them.
She can't even write her own speech.
! No longer available
She is as vapid as her "best words" elite husband.  We are lucky she took time out of her cake eating to notice plebs like us.
I wouldn't read much into words like "heartened" as having the same meaning.

Offline RoosGirl

She can't even write her own speech.
! No longer available
She is as vapid as her "best words" elite husband.  We are lucky she took time out of her cake eating to notice plebs like us.
I wouldn't read much into words like "heartened" as having the same meaning.

Oh well, at least she looks pretty.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I think everyone could be "heartened" by children who had to endure a school shooting.  You can be sympathetic of what they have been through and still reject gun control efforts which will not stop tragedies like that.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.