Author Topic: Stacey Dash is running for Congress in California  (Read 511 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Stacey Dash is running for Congress in California
« on: February 26, 2018, 08:19:14 pm »
By Saba Hamedy CNN
LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- "Clueless" star and former Fox commentator Stacey Dash is running for Congress in California.

The actress and outspoken Republican filed paperwork Monday to run in California's 44th district, which is currently represented by Democrat Nanette Barragán.

The district, which includes Compton, Watts, San Pedro and North Long Beach, has long been represented by a Democrat. It overwhelmingly voted for Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton in 2016, 83%-12%.

Representatives for Dash did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment. Dash has not publicly issued a statement. However, she did tease a potential run earlier this month.

"A number of people online and off have suggested I run for political office," she tweeted February 9. "I wanted to see what my online community thinks of this idea as I mull the possibilities. Thoughts?" She attached a graphic of a campaign button, which is red, white and blue and decorated with stars. It reads: "Dash to D.C."

The FEC filing includes a link to a website with what appears to be a new logo for the campaign. Another FEC form has an electronic signature from Dash declaring her candidacy.

http://www.abc-7.com/story/37594739/clueless-actress-stacey-dash-is-running-for-congress-in-california
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Stacey Dash is running for Congress in California
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 08:33:19 pm »
Not that district.  It's 70% hispanic.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 09:20:52 pm »
Does she actually live in that district???
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 09:32:13 pm »
Are there actually any Republican politicians in California, anymore?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 09:34:23 pm »
San Pedro, part of this district-IF the district includes ALL of San Pedro. (San Pedro is part of the City of Los Angeles, like a borough) I think it does.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 03:28:24 am »
Does she actually live in that district???

What difference does that make?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: