Author Topic: Florida shooting survivor explains how his generation can force a change on guns  (Read 310 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Vox by Jen Kirby 2/20/2018

David Hogg, a 17-year-old senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, huddled with classmates as gunman Nikolas Cruz tore through his high school Wednesday on a rampage that left 17 dead.

Hogg, a student journalist, took out his cellphone and began recording his classmates — a gun control plea in sickening real time.

The evening after the shooting, Hogg says, he biked up to the school, where the media was still camped out. This time, he put himself in front of the camera, making his first — but not final — plea for an end to mass shootings. He made another on CNN on Thursday morning, calling on lawmakers to “get something done.”

Hogg’s classmates were doing the same. Teenage survivors such as Hogg, Emma Gonzalez, Cameron Kasky, and more became the frustrated and furious faces of America’s failure to curtail gun violence.

Their anger, and their activism, is interrupting the typical mass shooting narrative. They are refusing to let the news cycle or the country move on, to forget about their 17 murdered classmates. They’re planning a march next month in Washington, DC; they’re bussing down to Tallahassee to rally this week; they’ll also speak at a town hall with politicians, including Florida’s two senators.

They aren’t stopping there. Hogg says he doesn’t want to return to school until gun control legislation is passed. “I hope every one of these bills is named after the people that died and the people that survived,” he told Vox. “That’s how we need to remember these people.”

More:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/20/17030294/florida-shooting-survivor-david-hogg-gun-control

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Hogg, your 15 mins are up.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Hogg and the rest of his limp-wristed Obama Yutes cannot force change on guns, unless they empower government to send out agents WITH guns to go out and kill Americans who refuse to abide by restrictions and surrender their guns.

Then they will rue the consequences of the kind of 'change' they instigated.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Hogg and the rest of his limp-wristed Obama Yutes cannot force change on guns, unless they empower government to send out agents WITH guns to go out and kill Americans who refuse to abide by restrictions and surrender their guns.

They are more then willing to do that.   First they'll vilify gun owners so that popular opinion is against them.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
They are more then willing to do that.   First they'll vilify gun owners so that popular opinion is against them.

It is how all despotic and tyrannical regimes that begin pogroms of genocide against their own people begin.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

None of what he wants is going to happen. It would be a bureaucratic nightmare, and completely unenforceable to say nothing about the expense.

This is where he’s being set up by the media and anti-gunners for a massive failure
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

Which, BTW, is never going to happen. Maybe in small, extreme leftists enclaves of the country but never on any scale
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:55:09 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy