Author Topic: Chain Migration  (Read 251 times)

rangerrebew

Chain Migration
« on: February 25, 2018, 02:20:15 pm »

Chain Migration

Report by Spencer Raley | November 9, 2017 | View the Full Report (PDF)

Chain Migration: When an immigrant to the United States sponsors other family members for admission – such as parents, children and siblings – who can then sponsor other immigrants themselves, and so on…
What is Chain Migration?

In 2015, the United States granted 1,051,031 immigrants lawful permanent resident status.1 That’s nearly enough people to populate a major city the size of Dallas, Texas. Why are so many immigrants accepted each year?

Under the United States’ current immigration system, most migrants receive a green card simply because they are the relative of an earlier migrant, not because of what they can contribute to American society. This creates a “chain” of immigrants who can then sponsor other immigrants in the same manner. These, in turn, may sponsor more immigrants, and so on.2

https://fairus.org/issue/legal-immigration/chain-migration

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Chain Migration
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 12:09:42 am »
"Chain Migration"...  shouldn't exist.

Time to end it.
Totally, completely, forever.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Chain Migration
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:39:27 am »
Just to be argumentative, if I were to take that position, I don't, I note some articles are written calling some of this about chain migration "a myth".

https://www.fcnl.org/updates/the-myth-of-chain-migration-and-the-importance-of-family-unity-1176

BUT, that guy who drove a van into a bunch of people in NYC, was part of chain migration and I think there was another case before that. The guy in NYC was suppose to be a part of 21 people, maybe even higher, brought over.