Author Topic: Which Is Better: Low-Carb or Low-Fat? Neither, New Research Suggests  (Read 340 times)

rangerrebew

Which Is Better: Low-Carb or Low-Fat? Neither, New Research Suggests
If you’re looking to lose weight, taking these extremes may not be as successful as another approach altogether.
By Jessica Migala

February 22, 2018

Tell people you’re going on a diet, and the inevitable question pops up: Are you going low-carb or low-fat?

Maybe you had trouble making the choice yourself when you determined you wanted to lose weight. After all, there hasn’t been a clear answer on what diet works best — and for whom.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/diet-nutrition/diet/low-fat-low-carb-weight-loss-new-study-seeks-answer/

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
Re: Which Is Better: Low-Carb or Low-Fat? Neither, New Research Suggests
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2018, 02:15:35 pm »
I am of the opinion that individuals have different composition and body types.  What works for one, many not work so well for others.  I also believe that the primary reason diets fail is for a lack of discipline and self control.

Now before you want to flame me, I was 6 foot 260 lbs.  I am now down to 190 - 195 and working on taking off the last 15 lbs.  I did it by making a series of small changes over time.  the first thing I changed was my coffee.  Once I had taken off 15 to 20 lbs, I would stabilize myself at that weight for a while and then back at it to take off the next 15 to 20 lbs.  Stair-step dieting I call it.