Author Topic: Reporters Told To Not Report On Obama Speech  (Read 455 times)

rangerrebew

Reporters Told To Not Report On Obama Speech
« on: February 24, 2018, 10:18:04 am »
Reporters Told To Not Report On Obama Speech

Thomas Phippen
Reporter
2:54 PM 02/23/2018

Former President Barack Obama’s speech Friday is intended to be a secret affair, with organizers threatening to remove anyone who tweets or reports on his comments.

Obama was scheduled to address Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s Sloan Sports Analytics Conference attendees Friday afternoon to discuss his future plans and reflect on his presidency, but media has been barred from reporting on his remarks.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/23/barack-obama-massachusetts-institute-of-technology/

Offline Applewood

Re: Reporters Told To Not Report On Obama Speech
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:02:11 pm »
So now Obama is an expert in "sports analytics" whatever that is.  I guess all those years of filling out those March Madness brackets paid off. 

Really I don't care what this lowlife has to say.  I would care, though, if my kid was studying at MIT and his tuition was being used to pay for Obama's drivel.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 03:09:10 pm »
So now Obama is an expert in "sports analytics" whatever that is.  I guess all those years of filling out those March Madness brackets paid off. 

Really I don't care what this lowlife has to say.  I would care, though, if my kid was studying at MIT and his tuition was being used to pay for Obama's drivel.
If he wasn't working on his NCAA brackets, he was playing golf, shooting hoops or watching ESPN eight hours a day whilst drinking beer with his BFF Reggie Love, so I'd say he's quite the expert on all aspects of sport.  *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 03:39:40 pm »
First Amendment?
Countdown to Resignation

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 02:50:53 am »
Ok, so for what it's worth, several of my husband's data scientists attended.  Apparently every year, a lot of proprietary information about analytics is discussed at this conference.  So they customarily ask attendees to keep it all under wraps.  The guys who went to Boston will be returning to work on Monday to do applicable debriefing, which is fine.

In any case, I asked DH what he could share about Obama's speech.  His friends didn't pay a lot of attention, apparently, but it was about diversity and data strengthening cross-cutting ties.  Maybe boring but not political.  DH's guys are there for the actual analysis and the swag ;), so they don't really care.

Ahh, follow-up: apparently the panel is usually full of "big-deal" sports stars and other people who cost a lot of money to attend.  The conference is a stickler for recouping their ticket prices, etc. 

As DH said, it's unenforceable, but the brand means they don't want bootleg tapes out there ;).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 03:01:54 am by LauraTXNM »
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 12:26:31 pm »
Most Transparent.... my aunt Fanny
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 01:20:50 pm »
In any case, I asked DH what he could share about Obama's speech.  His friends didn't pay a lot of attention, apparently, but it was about diversity and data strengthening cross-cutting ties.  Maybe boring but not political.  DH's guys are there for the actual analysis and the swag ;), so they don't really care.
Maybe the real reason not to report on what Obama said is because it was, as usual, a big zero.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 09:31:11 pm »
Maybe the real reason not to report on what Obama said is because it was, as usual, a big zero.

:thumbsup:
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 03:08:18 pm »
I had the craziest dream, last night, yes I did
I never dreamed it could be
Yet there you were, in custody ...