Author Topic: Illinois governor drinks chocolate milk to demonstrate commitment to corporate diversity  (Read 667 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Illinois governor drinks chocolate milk to demonstrate commitment to corporate diversity
NY Daily News, Feb 22, 2018, Megan Cerullo

Illinois governor Bruce Rauner took a gulp of chocolate milk to display his commitment to diversity Wednesday.

“It’s really, really good — diversity,” he said in front of an audience at the Thompson Center in Chicago.

Hyatt Hotels diversity and inclusion executive Tyronne Stoudemire included the governor in the demonstration, which was part of a Black History Month celebration.

He described a glass of plain milk as representative of corporate America today.

More:  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ill-gov-drinks-chocolate-milk-show-diversity-good-article-1.3836381

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
I certainly hope there will not be a demonstration for the LGBTQ crowd.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Frank Cannon

Is this guy smoking crack? I guess he is since his state is circling the drain in debt, corruption, murders and people fleeing and he thinks this 3rd graders demonstration of unity is a winner.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Is he a long-lost cousin of President Trump?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Frank Cannon

I certainly hope there will not be a demonstration for the LGBTQ crowd.

Too late. He ate that after this presentation.....

Online corbe

He may be on to something next time I'm at the grocery store I'm gonna buy some tuna for my cat, maybe I'll get lucky.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Is he a long-lost cousin of President Trump?

What does this mean @LauraTXNM ?

Offline Frank Cannon

Online corbe

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 04:55:53 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LauraTXNM

What does this mean @LauraTXNM ?

I'm being silly, because it reminds me of some of the "unforced errors" and "questionable optics" President Trump often displays.  Maybe the Governor and the President share the same PR people.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline LauraTXNM

@LauraTXNM

Better with malt vinegar and chips, or with lemon-butter?

I'm being silly, because it reminds me of some of the "unforced errors" and "questionable optics" President Trump often displays.  Maybe the Governor and the President share the same PR people.

"Questionable optics"? @LauraTXNM   Can you give me an example of this?

Thanks.

Online Polly Ticks

Illinois governor Bruce Rauner took a gulp of chocolate milk to display his commitment to diversity Wednesday.

Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Illinois governor drinks chocolate milk to demonstrate commitment to corporate diversity

If it's good enough for Ray Nagin it is good enough for Gov Rauner to say:  "You take dark chocolate, you mix it with white milk, and it becomes a delicious drink. Chicago is a chocolate city."
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Gov is an idiot...I voted for him the first time..not again...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Suppressed

News Flash: head of NBA drinks a caffè latte
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LauraTXNM

"Questionable optics"? @LauraTXNM   Can you give me an example of this?

Thanks.

Last weekend, when President Trump went to Mar-a-Lago, his PR team made a big point that he wouldn't be playing golf about of respect for the Parkland shooting victims.  Then on Monday, he went to his golf course (which is not at Mar-a-Lago).  They wouldn't respond to whether he played golf or not.  But it appeared contradictory.  It looked bad, and it's wasn't necessary.  I know there was a thread about this at the start of the week.

YMMV of course.  In my opinion it was both "questionable optics" and really an "unforced error".