Author Topic: Sheriff: Teen arrested for making threats towards school, AR-15 found in home  (Read 441 times)

Offline Suppressed

Sheriff: Teen arrested for making threats towards school, AR-15 found in home
by Devon Mahieu
http://upnorthlive.com/news/local/teen-arrested-after-making-terrorism-threats-towards-school

Sheriff: Teen arrested for making threats towards school, AR-15 found in home

MANISTEE COUNTY, Mich., (WPBN/WGTU) -- A 17-year-old Wellston teen is facing terrorism charges after investigators say he threatened to shoot up a school.

The Manistee County Sheriff's Office was called to Brethren High School after receiving a threat complaint on Monday.

According to deputies, students emailed school officials telling them Cullen Shafer, 17, made threats toward the school. School officials alerted law enforcement.

Deputies went to Shafer's home where he was interviewed and they say he admitted to making the statements but said he was just joking.

[...]

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yeah, really stupid time to be "joking".

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Brethren High School now makes it sound like now, a "religious" or "private" school has been targeted.  Maybe he was joking, pretty stupid.

Offline Applewood

Brethren High School now makes it sound like now, a "religious" or "private" school has been targeted.  Maybe he was joking, pretty stupid.

Apparently,  the school is public -named after the town where it's located. 

http://knd.manistee.org/home/middle-high

In my area there have been 2 threats against schools since the Florida shooting.  Seems to be mostly from slackers trying to get a day off from school.

Offline Frank Cannon

This guy looks too stupid to tell a joke. He does look like a homicidal maniac and does take a mugshot like a champ.

Glad they have this jackass locked up.

Online mountaineer

In my area there have been 2 threats against schools since the Florida shooting.  Seems to be mostly from slackers trying to get a day off from school.
Same in our area. Monkey see ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org