Author Topic: West Point posthumously admits shooting victim Peter Wang to Class of 2025  (Read 445 times)

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
US. Military Academy West Point is posthumously admitting Florida school shooting victim Peter Wang, who dreamed of attending the prestigious academy.

Wang could have been in the Class of 2025. The 15-year-old’s funeral is today.

West Point will confer a letter of admission, along with honorarium tokens, to his family, local West Point alumni Chad Maxey said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-peter-wang-funeral-20180220-story.html
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
Re: West Point posthumously admits shooting victim Peter Wang to Class of 2025
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 08:56:17 pm »
US. Military Academy West Point is posthumously admitting Florida school shooting victim Peter Wang, who dreamed of attending the prestigious academy.

Wang could have been in the Class of 2025. The 15-year-old’s funeral is today.

West Point will confer a letter of admission, along with honorarium tokens, to his family, local West Point alumni Chad Maxey said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/broward/parkland/florida-school-shooting/fl-florida-school-shooting-peter-wang-funeral-20180220-story.html

Oh, that's a lovely tribute to him.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 02:04:43 am »
@SZonian
Dancing on the grave?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:42:46 pm »
@SZonian
Dancing on the grave?

Context is everything, but thanks for trying to snip it.  My original quote: "In my opinion, it's up to his family to decide how he is buried and/or honored.

Until his family decides, I am of the opinion that this petition is borderline dancing on his grave."

WP can and has done something noble.  The funeral wishes are for the family to decide.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.