Author Topic: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns  (Read 11504 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Obnoxious, ignorant teens now demand curbs on guns
« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2018, 06:17:03 pm »
For someone who didn't want to insert themselves into the discussion and state their view on the issue you sure did a great job of doing both.  *****rollingeyes*****

LOL. Now that there is funny.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #326 on: February 23, 2018, 06:34:17 pm »
@Jazzhead
No, the people who wrote the Constitution and the Bill of Rights determined arms were unique and needed to be protected.

The 'community' isn't demanding anything except the right to defend themselves, a few radicals with a totalitarian agenda are flapping their gums using money from people like Soros.

Based on government police results lately, I now realize MORE THAN EVER the need for citizens to be prepared to defend themselves.

Blindness to this fact, is amazing. In Florida, the FBI, the local Police Dept., the schools's administration, and the school's own armed police FAILED miserably (all government entities).

An armed civilian, armed teacher, even an armed student could have saved many lives.

Finally, I see no point in discussing insurance. Unnecessary diversion.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #327 on: February 23, 2018, 06:42:31 pm »
@Jazzhead

I have no interest in joining this intractable argument and since I wish to keep myself out of the fray, I won’t state my position on it. But, I do think your views probably represent the middle ground on this issue.

After the Parkland shooting, Left and Right are at each other’s throats. I haven’t seen it this vociferous in many years. But that not where this argument will be settled. The vast middle will settle it, depending which side can persuade moderates that their argument is the most sensible, consistent with the second amendment.

And finally, kudos for holding firm to your POV despite being vastly outnumbered. I applaud you for your courage under fire.... :beer:

Why, thank you, @aligncare  - I appreciate it!   Beer back atcha -  :beer:
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #328 on: February 23, 2018, 06:44:50 pm »
You know,  the federal agents you gleefully promise to murder have wives and kids just like you do, and are only doing their job.

Aside from your disregard of the Mod admonishment, so what?   The Nazis had wives and kids.  So did the Redcoats.  They too were only just 'following orders' and 'doing their job'.

If agents of the state are empowered to impose the kind of tyrannical despotism dressed up in the color of law you are suggesting, then we will do what is necessary to repel them should they act to enforce said tyranny.

And the laws they are obliged to enforce are promulgated not by a tyranny,  but by the elected representatives of the people in a Constitutional Republic.

This government under the compact we once existed has repeatedly violated our trust and on this issue it has absolutely no authority whatsoever to infringe or abolish an inalienable right and render it a government-granted privilege as you demand.  When it attempts to do so, said government no longer has any legitimate moral authority of 'law' that any of us have to abide.  Instead as the Founders wrote - it is our right and duty when we are no longer consent to be governed by such a tyranny, to resist and abolish such government and create new guards for our future security and happiness.

But you promise to murder them anyway,  because this isn't the g-ddamn democratic republic of INVAR.   

Our forbears skillfully killed agents of the legitimate governing authority of the Crown once it was self evident that they intended to disarm and subjugate the Colonies for their 'own safety'. 

Should agents of the current state do the bidding of tyrants to impose similar dissolution of rights to mere privileges, I will treat them as no better than a serial rapist and killer who breaks into my home in the middle of the night to do harm to me and mine.  With equally fervent determination to resist with extreme prejudice.

You routinely label me a communist and the agent of the Devil.

Your own words and positions posted to this board reveal that fact about you. 

I seek only to better this nation within the lawful confines of the Constitution, and engage with folks like the (mostly) good people of this Board about the issues of the day.

No. Wrong.  You seek to get the members of this board to buy into your Communistic claptrap and sell themselves willingly into the slavery of Statist despotism that you so desire to fundamentally transform us into.

You, on the other hand, think you are above the Constitution and the people, and that your guns make you a law unto yourself.   But keep on preaching your hate and violence -  if you think you're painting an attractive picture of the lawful gun-owner,  then think again.   

I don't care how you feel or how it feels or looks to people like you.  I'm not governed by popularity.   Fine, call it hate.  I don't care what you think.  Just understand that when you empower the state and its agents to make that last mistake, you will rue the day you purchased this war you seem so desperate for.

But some gun owners ARE monsters,  and you are a violence-obsessed textbook example of one.

Then try and do something about it.  I'm waiting.

However, being the coward you are, you will empower the state to fight your grievances for you and advocate they put their guns to my head - which is what you promised to do once before with your alerting your pals in the FBI that I am a danger that needs to be dealt with.

Maybe give them a call again.  Perhaps they are not as busy trying to frame Trump at the moment and they can devote time to make a public example of someone on the internet you hate who considers you a Commie Lib Pinko Tyranny Advocate and shreds the garbage you post here on this board.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #329 on: February 23, 2018, 06:53:16 pm »
Utter and unmitigated BULLSHIT.  The source of the right come from God and Nature's God and in no wise grants government any authority or power to regulate that right into a government-granted privilege, which is what you advocate.

Hey, genius - that's what I meant by the RKBA being a "natural right".   We all have the natural right to defend our persons and property.   The Second Amendment isn't concerned with this natural right, but rather the collective right to secure the men and materials needed to provide for a citizens' militia. 

I don't disagree that the Constitution secures man's natural rights - including the right to privacy, the right to self-determination, and the right to self-defense.   That these rights have been acknowledged by the Supreme Court, despite the lack of specific language in the Constitution,  represents an example of the "living Constitution" that many say they abhor.   Modern day America is beset by threats to liberty unheard of in the Founders' day - from changing mores, the internet, and from technology generally including increasingly lethal tools of violence.  I am pleased that the Constitution has evolved to protect your right as an individual to defend your home, just as it protects a woman's right to control her destiny and a gay person's right to the equal protection of the law.   
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:56:23 pm by Jazzhead »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #330 on: February 23, 2018, 06:59:38 pm »
I am pleased that the Constitution has evolved
:banging:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #331 on: February 23, 2018, 07:11:47 pm »
Hey, genius - that's what I meant by the RKBA being a "natural right".   We all have the natural right to defend our persons and property.   The Second Amendment isn't concerned with this natural right, just the collective right to secure the men and materials needed to provide for a citizens' militia. 

"Collective Right"?  No you idiot, the right to self defense is inherent in the fact we live and breathe.  The Second Amendment, like everything else in the Constitution, exists to PROHIBIT or LIMIT what Government may touch or may not touch and sets the bounds for where it is permitted to operate.

The Second Amendment is specifically cites that a citizens militia, (which is made up of able-bodied men with their own arms and proficiency at using them) - is necessary for a state to be free from tyrants and conquerors and therefore the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear those arms MAY NOT BE INFRINGED.

But here you come with grand schemes of plot and plan to argue that such Rights are mere govenrment-granted privileges that can and should be restricted, licensed, registered, taxed and insurance mandated so as to effectively abolish it.

I am pleased that the Constitution has evolved

To the point you can turn an enumerated Right into a mere government-granted privilege subject to "Reasonable regulation, oversight, insurance or abolishment" and find "rights" in 'penumbras and emanations' that are not listed anywhere except in the imaginations of activist judges you empower to establish as inviolable out of thin air.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Mod1

« Reply #332 on: February 23, 2018, 07:24:42 pm »
Friends, I have a respectful request to make today.

This thread is going well over 300 posts so far, so it appears unlikely there is going to any kind of resolution to the controversy at hand.  This is a subject that is very near and dear to a lot of Briefers on all sides, so naturally spirits are running high.  Please break it up for a moment....

I wish to remind everybody TBR is a political discussion forum, so there will be some jostling among ourselves.  I ask that we police our language some, in order to avoid being misconstrued by folks who are not very familiar with our free-wheeling styles of engagement.

In the "outside world," we are coming off a week of dreadful news, full of possible policy ramifications than may not be to our liking.  Be mindful that it's news of people who started their journey to a very dark side in internet locations not that different from this one.

Thank you all very much for your respectful attention.  Please head to your corners and come out smiling!   

888high58888

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #333 on: February 23, 2018, 07:28:59 pm »
Friends, I have a respectful request to make today.

This thread is going well over 300 posts so far, so it appears unlikely there is going to any kind of resolution to the controversy at hand.  This is a subject that is very near and dear to a lot of Briefers on all sides, so naturally spirits are running high.  Please break it up for a moment....

I wish to remind everybody TBR is a political discussion forum, so there will be some jostling among ourselves.  I ask that we police our language some, in order to avoid being misconstrued by folks who are not very familiar with our free-wheeling styles of engagement.

In the "outside world," we are coming off a week of dreadful news, full of possible policy ramifications than may not be to our liking.  Be mindful that it's news of people who started their journey to a very dark side in internet locations not that different from this one.

Thank you all very much for your respectful attention.  Please head to your corners and come out smiling!   

888high58888

Can I use foul language if I am being complimentary to a poster?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #334 on: February 23, 2018, 07:43:16 pm »

Get on it.  Be like a rat on a Cheeto!
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Mod1

« Reply #335 on: February 23, 2018, 07:43:34 pm »

Well, you are Frank, and we've grown accustomed to a certain level of it, but on this particular general topic sometimes it's difficult for some folks to spot sarcasm and subtle compliments that come off the back of the hand.  I'd kind of like it if you could give it a rest for a little while.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #336 on: February 23, 2018, 07:44:21 pm »
"Collective Right"?  No you idiot, the right to self defense is inherent in the fact we live and breathe.

I agree.  But the 2A does not provide specific protection of that right.

The Second Amendment, like everything else in the Constitution, exists to PROHIBIT or LIMIT what Government may touch or may not touch and sets the bounds for where it is permitted to operate.

Incorrect.  The 2A doesn't limit the government's ability to infringe on a natural right.  It is concerned with the preservation of conditions for the citizens' militia. 

The Second Amendment is specifically cites that a citizens militia, (which is made up of able-bodied men with their own arms and proficiency at using them) - is necessary for a state to be free from tyrants and conquerors and therefore the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear those arms MAY NOT BE INFRINGED. 

Yes - but the admonishment against infringement is in the context of the citizens' militia.  It wasn't until Heller that the SCOTUS acknowledged the Constitution's limitation against government infringement of the natural right.   

But here you come with grand schemes of plot and plan to argue that such Rights are mere govenrment-granted privileges that can and should be restricted, licensed, registered, taxed and insurance mandated so as to effectively abolish it.

You're putting the rabbit in the hat.  I have never advocated "abolishment" of the natural right or the right associated with the citizens militia.  But all rights are subject to reasonable regulation - permits are required for speeches and demonstrations, and IMO, registration and insurance should be required as a condition of lawful gun ownership.   

To the point you can turn an enumerated Right into a mere government-granted privilege subject to "Reasonable regulation, oversight, insurance or abolishment" and find "rights" in 'penumbras and emanations' that are not listed anywhere except in the imaginations of activist judges you empower to establish as inviolable out of thin air.

Regulation of a natural right doesn't convert it into a privilege.   Regulation is generally prescribed to address situations where the unfettered exercise of a right may harm others or compel the government to expend resources to preserve the public safety.  Hence, permits and advance notice are required for demonstrations.   And guns,  as one means of self-defense,  are also inherently dangerous.   So, to assist law enforcement,  registration and rules regarding lawful transfers and dispositions are reasonable and do not convert rights into privileges.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #337 on: February 23, 2018, 07:53:14 pm »
Incorrect.  The 2A doesn't limit the government's ability to infringe on a natural right.  It is concerned with the preservation of conditions for the citizens' militia. 

You stated that as a fact, like the color of the sky is blue.  That is an issue very much under debate.  There are many people who disagree with your oversimplification of it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #338 on: February 23, 2018, 07:54:11 pm »
The issue in all this for me is the government trustworthy enough? IOW, do I trust government to always do the right and benevolent thing? No. People who work in government have all the same drives and ambitions as any other human being. No one can guarantee what government would do with a list of registered guns and their owners.

Someone mentioned compliance. I would bet you would see a large scale non compliance which would make any registration scheme a bureaucratic impossibility
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 07:55:11 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #339 on: February 23, 2018, 07:59:48 pm »
You stated that as a fact, like the color of the sky is blue.  That is an issue very much under debate.  There are many people who disagree with your oversimplification of it.

Then how do you explain the predicate clause?  Proper statutory interpretation requires that you give meaning to the entire statute, not just (in the case of the 2A) the portion after the predicate clause.

What is an "oversimplification" is to claim you know the meaning of the 2A without addressing the predicate clause. 

Note that I am NOT disagreeing with you about the natural right of individual self defense and the Constitution's effective restriction of the federal government's power to deny it.  But that natural right is not described or addressed in the 2A.  It is no more or less protected than the natural right of individual privacy.   

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #340 on: February 23, 2018, 08:03:38 pm »

You're much nicer than I can manage to be.   Since.... like a typical leftie, he has it exactly backazzwards.

My perception of the 2nd Amendment is.... the very purpose and meaning is to "limit the government's ability to infringe (shall not be infringed) upon the right to bear arms".

The leftist spin by our resident leftie is hilarious.  Hopefully.... nobody reading the forum is dumb enough to buy into it.

"....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #341 on: February 23, 2018, 08:03:58 pm »
The issue in all this for me is the government trustworthy enough? IOW, do I trust government to always do the right and benevolent thing? No. People who work in government have all the same drives and ambitions as any other human being. No one can guarantee what government would do with a list of registered guns and their owners.

Someone mentioned compliance. I would bet you would see a large scale non compliance which would make any registration scheme a bureaucratic impossibility

I think you would too.  This came up the other day, and it was pointed out the Canadians pretty well destroyed their government's attempt to register all long guns by simply ignoring the law, and the government realized there aren't enough Mounties to knock on all the doors that would be required to get even a little cooperation from the citizens.

It doesn't matter how too cool for school the Legislature thinks it is by issuing these demands, the citizens will veto it by noncompliance if they feel like it, especially if they know there are sufficient numbers doing it.  They can demand registration of all 300 Million firearms tomorrow, and in five years they'd be lucky to know where a couple million of them are.  It's one thing to fill out a form to make one purchase that stays at the gun store, it's another to sit down with a pencil and paper to inventory one's entire collection of weapons.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #342 on: February 23, 2018, 08:06:25 pm »
You're much nicer than I can manage to be.   Since.... like a typical leftie, he has it exactly backazzwards.

My perception of the 2nd Amendment is.... the very purpose and meaning is to "limit the government's ability to infringe (shall not be infringed) upon the right to bear arms".

The leftist spin by our resident leftie is hilarious.  Hopefully.... nobody reading the forum is dumb enough to buy into it.

So what is the purpose of the predicate clause?  You, too, only quote the portion of the 2A you like, and by doing so distort its meaning and intent.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #343 on: February 23, 2018, 08:11:50 pm »
It's one thing to fill out a form to make one purchase that stays at the gun store, it's another to sit down with a pencil and paper to inventory one's entire collection of weapons.

It's not that difficult.  You're a collector - I'm sure you know exactly what you have.

Regarding a point raised by another poster (possibly on another thread) - as an alternative to insurance,  it should be permitted to allow a gun owner to simply post a bond, covering the specific weapons he owns and their serial numbers.   The bond would provide a source of compensation for harm caused by any of the weapons covered by the bond, up until the point of lawful transfer or disposition,  or the date the gun is reported as stolen to the police.   

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #344 on: February 23, 2018, 08:14:42 pm »
Then how do you explain the predicate clause?  Proper statutory interpretation requires that you give meaning to the entire statute, not just (in the case of the 2A) the portion after the predicate clause.

I've heard it described as a justification for the individual right:  It's hard to have a standing militia if the government can require all the weapons stay locked up in an Amory.   IOW, because we need the militia, then the individuals must retain the right to maintain their own weapons.

That's the way I've learned to parse the clause.  YMMV.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #345 on: February 23, 2018, 08:18:59 pm »
It's not that difficult.  You're a collector - I'm sure you know exactly what you have.

Regarding a point raised by another poster (possibly on another thread) - as an alternative to insurance,  it should be permitted to allow a gun owner to simply post a bond, covering the specific weapons he owns and their serial numbers.   The bond would provide a source of compensation for harm caused by any of the weapons covered by the bond, up until the point of lawful transfer or disposition,  or the date the gun is reported as stolen to the police.

It's not a question of difficulty.  As you no doubt suspect, I do maintain such a list, so in case something turns up missing I can provide the serial information to the police in my complaint, along with a description of the firearm.  I don't want to hand that inventory list over to the government because I don't trust them to not abuse it.

The Bond issue is exactly the same as the insurance one, in that it erects a financial barrier for gun ownership.
I will NOT comply.

Offline XenaLee

• Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #346 on: February 23, 2018, 08:25:51 pm »
So what is the purpose of the predicate clause?  You, too, only quote the portion of the 2A you like, and by doing so distort its meaning and intent.

Actually, you're the one distorting the meaning and intent by ignoring the part I quoted.... which is the 'pertinent' part...lol.

Get....a..... clue.   (I know, I know.... I'm dreaming)

No quarter given to the enemy within...ever.

You can vote your way into socialism, but you have to shoot your way out of it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #347 on: February 23, 2018, 08:45:26 pm »
I agree.  But the 2A does not provide specific protection of that right.

Because Rights are inherent and inalienable.  Government has no authority to infringe upon them, regulate them, tax them or turn them into government-granted privileges.  Which is what you advocate.  The Second Amendment EXPLICITLY tells government it MAY NOT INFRINGE on the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  That means it may not "reasonably regulate" it, license it, tax it or require insurance and government approval before you are allowed to keep and bear (meaning USE) arms.

The 2A doesn't limit the government's ability to infringe on a natural right.  It is concerned with the preservation of conditions for the citizens' militia.

Unmitigated bovine excrement.  Government has no authority to infringe on any natural Right - including the right of the people to keep and bear arms.  It has nothing to do with preserving 'conditions' for a citizen's militia.  It explicitly stated that the security of a free state was dependent upon every male owning a firearm, knowing how to use it - and being able to bring it with him when called up.  Well-regulated meant such a militia was well-armed with weapons of warfare, capable and able to follow orders to conduct the defense of the state.

Yes - but the admonishment against infringement is in the context of the citizens' militia.

That's the same stupid avenue as insisting the 2nd Amendment only applies to the National Guard.  A free state was dependent upon every able-bodied man to defend it (there was no standing army at the time it was ratified) with HIS OWN ARMS and the requirement was to be proficient and well-supplied, and therefore - since the Constitution specifically addresses government and not The People - the militia in terms of the defense of the state was to be untouched - and the people's right to keep and bear arms not permitted to be infringed.

It wasn't until Heller that the SCOTUS acknowledged the Constitution's limitation against government infringement of the natural right.

WRONG.  We do not need a court to acknowledge an inalienable right before it can be recognized as a right.  The tis just another tactic to make Rights a construct and province of government. 

You're putting the rabbit in the hat.  I have never advocated "abolishment"...

That is where all your stupid suggestions go and end up - as is the design and intent of them.  REGARDLESS of what you assert otherwise.

But all rights are subject to reasonable regulation

There you go again, relegating inalienable rights to mere government-granted privileges.

- permits are required for speeches and demonstrations, and IMO, registration and insurance should be required as a condition of lawful gun ownership.

All of that illegal, unconstitutional and having made our Rights into government-granted privileges and licenses. 

Regulation of a natural right doesn't convert it into a privilege.

Yes it does.  Period.  End of sentence. 

If you can 'regulate' a Right - then it no longer exists as a 'right' unless Government grants the permission to exercise that "right" if certain conditions are met.

THAT is called a government granted PRIVILEGE, NOT a Right. 

A Right is that which exists outside of the authority of men to limit, restrict, violate or abolish

Regulation is generally prescribed to address situations where the unfettered exercise of a right may harm others or compel the government to expend resources to preserve the public safety. 

Then they are not rights at all.  Mere privileges that the government can restrict, regulate, tax or abolish as it sees the need and desire to do so.

All you are doing is arguing why Rights belong to the government to establish parameters required before one is permitted to exercise it.

Which again, redefines a Right into a government-granted privilege.

Which is what you are all about: empowering the state to impose your will.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #348 on: February 23, 2018, 09:00:46 pm »
Why The Left Finds Wisdom In The Shrieks Of Parkland’s Traumatized Teens
Leftism’s cult of youth is coming out in glorious display by showcasing Stoneman Douglas High School students and their pending movement for severe gun control measures.
By Peter Burfeind   
February 23, 2018

Leftism’s cult of youth is coming out in glorious display by showcasing Stoneman Douglas High School students and their pending movement for severe gun control measures. Yes, “cult” perfectly suits a media rendered awe-stricken and rationally stunted by the shrieks of children. They share a psychological profile with historic cultists, from Adolph Hitler’s Nuremberg crowds to Jim Jones’ flock: the mind shuts down and rewires itself to make rational—in a democracy!—such Manichaean claims like “You’re either with us or you’re against us.”   ...

Youth are the subject material most freshly minted from today’s education mills, best primed to be change agents for what any leftist knows is history’s predestined course.

Logic be damned. Critical thinking be damned. Diversity of thought be damned. The secularist, demythologized inauguration of God’s kingdom on earth is all that matters. And in this world, as the prophecy declares, the guns are beat into plowshares.  ...

It has been a fascinating several years seeing the installment of the leftist religion bit by bit. We go down a wrong path thinking the media showcases the youth just because they’re mouthing leftist opinions. No, lots of old people mouth leftist views and no one cares. It’s the sacralizing of youthfulness, and why it is being sacralized, that gives us an insight into the dawning new religion.
Entire article at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

« Reply #349 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:38 pm »
I think you would too.  This came up the other day, and it was pointed out the Canadians pretty well destroyed their government's attempt to register all long guns by simply ignoring the law, and the government realized there aren't enough Mounties to knock on all the doors that would be required to get even a little cooperation from the citizens.

It doesn't matter how too cool for school the Legislature thinks it is by issuing these demands, the citizens will veto it by noncompliance if they feel like it, especially if they know there are sufficient numbers doing it.  They can demand registration of all 300 Million firearms tomorrow, and in five years they'd be lucky to know where a couple million of them are.  It's one thing to fill out a form to make one purchase that stays at the gun store, it's another to sit down with a pencil and paper to inventory one's entire collection of weapons.

Whether it’s guns or any issue, we tend to assume that anything we support others will also and we’ll just tell others who don’t that they have to comply with our values. And, we tend think anything we support will work as we want. I suspect the sheer volume of non compliance with any registration scheme would cause the government to back off
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy