Author Topic: Colorado congressman, Columbine survivor, pushes to end gun-free zones in schools  (Read 710 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Colorado congressman, Columbine survivor, pushes to end gun-free zones in schools
By Frank Miles | Fox News

Colorado House Minority Leader Patrick Neville, who was a Columbine High School sophomore at the time of the 1999 mass shooting, is pushing legislation that he says would protect students — by getting rid of gun restrictions in schools.

He has introduced the bill annually since he was elected in 2014, The Washington Times reported. Previous attempts have been turned down.

Neville, a Republican, told The Times the current law “creates a so-called gun free zone in every K-12 public school.”

more
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/02/19/colorado-congressman-columbine-survivor-pushes-to-end-gun-free-zones-in-schools.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

“Time and time again we point to the one common theme with mass shootings, they occur in gun-free zones,” Neville told The Times.

He added law-abiding citizens should be able “to defend themselves and most importantly our children from the worst-case scenarios.”
      :amen:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
“Time and time again we point to the one common theme with mass shootings, they occur in gun-free zones,” Neville told The Times.

He added law-abiding citizens should be able “to defend themselves and most importantly our children from the worst-case scenarios.”
      :amen:

If Republicans cave to these protests I am going to be so mad.  This is just common sense.  Every school should have an armed police officer on duty.  And there should be armed teachers also.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

If Republicans cave to these protests I am going to be so mad.  This is just common sense.  Every school should have an armed police officer on duty.  And there should be armed teachers also.

Yes it is common sense, but not something liberals utilize very often.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

I think they'll have to focus on armed security officers.  They can't require teachers to carry.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I think they'll have to focus on armed security officers.  They can't require teachers to carry.

How about leaving it up to the states. Open carry is common in Arizona and Wyoming. Therefore the citizens might wish to allow teachers to carry.

Massachusetts, on the other hand, might desire to let their kids be gunned down, instead of a reasonable defense method.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Axeslinger

@LauraTXNM

They don’t have to require teachers to carry!  They just need to remove the restriction FORBIDDING them from carrying!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:45:23 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline LauraTXNM

@LauraTXNM

They don’t have to require teachers to carry!  They just need to remove the restriction FORBIDDING them from carrying!

Makes sense.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Fantom

He should stage a live in at the Capitol.  Stark contrast to the hoplophobes laying 'Bout.  gun free zone...dead, armed citizenry... alive and standing/walking 'Bout.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline cato potatoe

The premise behind a gun-free zone is somebody will be caught in crossfire if the public is trained to carry.  It's as if death by friendly fire is 50 times worse than first degree murder.  You are looking at that kind of ratio, more or less, in a mass shooting situation.  I really wish people could set aside their emotions and think rationally.

Offline Fantom

The premise behind a gun-free zone is somebody will be caught in crossfire if the public is trained to carry.  It's as if death by friendly fire is 50 times worse than first degree murder.  You are looking at that kind of ratio, more or less, in a mass shooting situation.  I really wish people could set aside their emotions and think rationally.

Actually , while general bullets flying everywhere mayhem is the regressive lefts hoplophobic hysteria. Make no mistake, the real reason there are gun free zones is so that mass killings happen. Then the marxist left can stage die'ins and work to disarm our People.

Totalitarians/marxist desire that the State ... their State , only have arms.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Chosen Daughter

Yes it is common sense, but not something liberals utilize very often.

And I am not sure that we can even trust Republicans to stand firm on our Constitutional rights to bear arms.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Police assigned to High Schools here are not allowed to carry.  Wrong.  In our state we had a school shooting.  Hard to tell if an armed police officer could have saved lives, but at least they would have a chance.  Right now the only hope is waiting the six minutes for police to arrive.

Offline thackney

The premise behind a gun-free zone is somebody will be caught in crossfire if the public is trained to carry. It's as if death by friendly fire is 50 times worse than first degree murder.  You are looking at that kind of ratio, more or less, in a mass shooting situation.  I really wish people could set aside their emotions and think rationally.

And year after year, as more people carry, and more states allow citizens to carry, that is shown to be false.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline LauraTXNM

I heard the President is meeting today with survivors and parents from Parkland, Sandy Hook, and Columbine.  I hope this Congressman is included in the conversation.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I heard the President is meeting today with survivors and parents from Parkland, Sandy Hook, and Columbine.  I hope this Congressman is included in the conversation.

I doubt it.  Patrick Neville is a Member of the State House.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LauraTXNM

I doubt it.  Patrick Neville is a Member of the State House.

I thought maybe because he is a survivor of Columbine.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought maybe because he is a survivor of Columbine.

I don't think he's mouthing the correct platitudes.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: