Author Topic: 'Stop Lying to Us': Ingraham Blasts Durbin for 'Tired Trope' About Jobs Americans Won't Do  (Read 564 times)

rangerrebew

'Stop Lying to Us': Ingraham Blasts Durbin for 'Tired Trope' About Jobs Americans Won't Do

In her "Angle" monologue Tuesday night, Laura Ingraham called out Democrats for claiming that illegal immigrants help the U.S. by doing the jobs that Americans won't -- or can't -- do.

She noted that Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) pulled out a "tired trope" on the Senate floor on Monday when he said that undocumented immigrants are the only ones who will do hard, backbreaking work like manual labor and picking fruit.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/14/laura-ingraham-blasts-dick-durbin-tired-trope-about-jobs-americans-wont-do

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
'Stop Lying to Us': Ingraham Blasts Durbin for 'Tired Trope' About Jobs Americans Won't Do

In her "Angle" monologue Tuesday night, Laura Ingraham called out Democrats for claiming that illegal immigrants help the U.S. by doing the jobs that Americans won't -- or can't -- do.

She noted that Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) pulled out a "tired trope" on the Senate floor on Monday when he said that undocumented immigrants are the only ones who will do hard, backbreaking work like manual labor and picking fruit.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/02/14/laura-ingraham-blasts-dick-durbin-tired-trope-about-jobs-americans-wont-do

I actually think Durbin is right about that.  Most Americans don't want to move with the crops and do that backbreaking work.  We'll have to continue automating those farm jobs.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline dfwgator

Get rid of Welfare, and suddenly they'll want to do those jobs.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I actually think Durbin is right about that.  Most Americans don't want to move with the crops and do that backbreaking work.  We'll have to continue automating those farm jobs.
If you don't work, you don't eat.

Think that could change the minds of some of those on welfare capable of working and choose not to?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Americans will do it but you have to be willing to pay more then slave wages.

Here in Florida you can drive thru the rural areas and see the compounds the farming companies build for the illegal workers.  Its pretty amazing how much those companies have gotten away with all these years.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.

Here in Florida you can drive thru the rural areas and see the compounds the farming companies build for the illegal workers.  Its pretty amazing how much those companies have gotten away with all these years.

Bingo.
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline Axeslinger

I agree.  But we’re all culpable because by our purchasing habits we also drive those companies to keep their goods at unnaturally low prices.
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

As long as welfare continues to afford these people not to work, then of course.  Human nature causes men to choose no work rather than produce a work ethic.

I worked for 50 cents an hour hauling used furniture around, cleaning out swimming pools, and shoveling horseshit(really).

Slave wages?  No, as I had no other means to make an income and pay my way through college.

Using the term 'slave wages' to characterize what one is paid is racist, and fits the Alinsky mindset.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:59:28 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington