Author Topic: Democrats struggle with rising popularity of GOP tax law  (Read 332 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Democrats struggle with rising popularity of GOP tax law
« on: February 17, 2018, 03:17:59 pm »
Democrats struggle with rising popularity of GOP tax law
by Al Weaver | Feb 17, 2018, 12:01 AM

Democrats are struggling to cope with the rising popularity of the Republican tax law, less than nine months until the midterm elections.

Democrats received a wake-up call of sorts earlier this week when Priorities USA, a top Democratic super PAC, released a memo calling on Democrats to message more consistently against the tax law. The law's standing has increased in the polls as GOP groups pitch the tax cuts to voters as a solid Republican accomplishment.

"I think the memo is spot on. Absolutely spot on," said Rep. Cheri Bustos, D-Ill., one of the 12 House Democrats who sit in districts where Trump won in 2016.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/democrats-struggle-with-rising-popularity-of-gop-tax-law/article/2649354
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
Re: Democrats struggle with rising popularity of GOP tax law
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 06:56:12 pm »
The feeble reaction so far is kind of amazing - I figured both the dems and the media would have rounded up thousands of taxpayers who stand to lose from the plan and put them in front of the cameras relentlessly. Undermining public confidence would have made companies more cautious about expanding and undercut growth potential. As it is they're letting it get more traction every day as the perception takes hold that it's helping average workers and the economy as a whole...
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Democrats struggle with rising popularity of GOP tax law
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:10:16 pm »
The party of the rat will never admit to being wrong on an issue.   Whether it be DACA, or Trumps Tax Crumbs.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.