Author Topic: Senate mulls DACA extension, wall funding in March spending bill  (Read 484 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate mulls DACA extension, wall funding in March spending bill
« on: February 15, 2018, 11:13:17 pm »
Senate mulls DACA extension, wall funding in March spending bill
by Susan Ferrechio | Feb 15, 2018, 5:30 PM

Temporary protection for Dreamers could be squeezed into a March spending package along with border security funding, lawmakers said after the Senate failed to pass a more comprehensive measure on Thursday.

Senators announced the new plan after emerging from the chamber, where lawmakers defeated four immigration-related measures offered by both parties that would have provided Dreamers with permanent protection from deportation.

Two of the measures included $25 billion for border security and a pathway to citizenship for 1.8 million younger immigrants, or Dreamers, who came here illegally as children and may be at risk of deportation with the expiration of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/senate-mulls-daca-extension-wall-funding-in-march-spending-bill/article/2649251
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Re: Senate mulls DACA extension, wall funding in March spending bill
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 11:16:16 pm »
Temporary, like about 3 years?

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:34:51 pm »
They will instead consider extending the DACA program for several years in a provision that would be included in the fiscal 2018 spending bill that must pass by March 23.

Signing that would be crippling for a 2020 re-election bid.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:44:39 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will) but if the Senate can't get their $hit together and pass something on DACA it automatically dies an inglorious death, unless Trump follows through with his tweet when he kicked it over to those azzholes, "If they don't fix it I will" and most of us know what that means~Amnesty!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 11:48:18 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong (and I know you will) but if the Senate can't get their $hit together and pass something on DACA it automatically dies an inglorious death, unless Trump follows through with his tweet when he kicked it over to those azzholes, "If they don't fix it I will" and most of us know what that means~Amnesty!

You're mostly right, but its more likely he won't extend it, due to the federal court decision to keep processing applications.  Most likely, this will not make it through Congress and eventually end up in the Supreme Court.  That way, neither Congress nor the President can say they're to blame for the result, either way it goes.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 11:49:40 pm by edpc »

Offline corbe

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 11:51:42 pm »
   So what you're saying @edpc is that Truman is STILL dead.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 11:56:38 pm »
So what you're saying is that Truman is STILL dead.

Yes, thankfully, because a couple of his bucks have become bad pennies.