Author Topic: Trump postpones Pennsylvania rally after school shooting  (Read 318 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump postpones Pennsylvania rally after school shooting
« on: February 15, 2018, 08:19:34 pm »
Trump postpones Pennsylvania rally after school shooting
By John Bowden - 02/15/18 03:07 PM EST

President Trump has postponed a planned campaign rally in Ambridge, Pennsylvania after a school shooting in Parkland, Florida killed nearly 20 people.

A media advisory issued Thursday by the Trump campaign stated that a rally planned for Wednesday at Ambridge Area Senior High School would be postponed to the "very near future" out of respect for the victims of the Florida attack.

"This decision was reached out of respect and sympathy for the victims and survivors of the high school shooting attack in Parkland, Florida, and their family members. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected by this horrific tragedy," a statement from the campaign reads.

"President Trump looks forward to visiting with patriotic Americans for a celebratory rally in Pennsylvania at a more appropriate time soon."

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/374085-trump-postpones-pennsylvania-rally-after-school-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Re: Trump postpones Pennsylvania rally after school shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 08:35:05 pm »
Good.  I can't stand big-name politicians coming to my neck of the woods.  Around here, for these events they close vital roads and streets, creating traffic chaos and gridlock. We dont have a lot of alternate routes here.  So if a road is closed, you literally can't get there from here.  They tie up the airport, so flights are delayed.  And above all, it's a waste of taxpayer money. There is no earthly reason for the president or vice president to come to town just to campaign for some local wannabe.  If a big name wants to support some candidate,  stay home and record a commercial.

And by the way, Trump fans, this is not a slam against just your hero.  I have felt this way ever since President Bush 43 came to town once.  I was in a taxi trying to get crosstown. What should have been a half hour trip costing maybe $30 turned into an hour and a half nightmare costing over a hundred dollars.  No more. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 08:41:27 pm by Applewood »

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 08:45:41 pm »

And by the way, Trump fans, this is not a slam against just your hero.  I have felt this way ever since President Bush 43 came to town once.  I was in a taxi trying to get crosstown. What should have been a half hour trip costing maybe $30 turned into an hour and a half nightmare costing over a hundred dollars.  No more.

LOL.  Same thing happened to us in Vegas.  43 blew into town during one of our trade shows.  We sat stalled watching the meter roll and roll.  We could see the convention center and it was only 75 degrees out so paid the dude and we bailed and walked to the place. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 09:06:55 pm »
He still managed to find a Rally.

I disagree.  Circle gets the square.