Author Topic: Tillerson to Abadi: We support stable, viable Kurdistan, but problems emerge at Kuwait Conference  (Read 215 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Tillerson to Abadi: We support stable, viable Kurdistan, but problems emerge at Kuwait Conference
Kurdistan24

WASHINGTON DC, United States (Kurdistan 24) – US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi that the US supports “a stable and viable Iraqi Kurdistan Region,” as the two leaders met in Kuwait at an international conference on funding Iraqi reconstruction, State Department Spokesperson Heather Nauert informed reporters on Tuesday.

Nauert added that Tillerson had “commended the prime minister for his leadership and for his efforts to improve Baghdad-Erbil relations.”

Given Abadi’s abusive treatment of the Kurdistan Region—from his ban on international flights to slashing income for the Kurdistan Region in his budget—Kurds may well not recognize such a description. Nonetheless, Tillerson’s statement marks a relatively new US public willingness to emphasize to Baghdad the importance of fair treatment for the Kurds.

http://www.kurdistan24.net/en/news/2941756d-b347-4ce8-b4a9-fef411618fa5

My opinion and one can thoroughly research it, Turkey and also Russia and Syria have done very little against ISIS, Turkey probably let a lot of potential ISIS fighters flow through their country to go fight in Syria, just the same way, Jihadist-type fighters flowed through Syria to fight the US and other coalition troops in Iraq.

Turkey's not budging on this issue, also, reports are many civilians have been killed in bombings in Kurd controlled Northern Syria, what a mess.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Lots of oil in them thar hills of Kurdistan.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
As posted before, there is a bit of a natural "Kurdistan", where Kurds live and probably have for hundreds of years:

And some is about oil:
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region — Norwegian energy company DNO announced on Thursday it has received nearly $60 million from the KRG for oil deliveries from November and because of an August settlement agreement.

"DNO ASA, the Norwegian oil and gas operator, today reported receipt of USD 54.73 million from the Kurdistan Regional Government as payment for November 2017 crude oil deliveries to the export market from the Tawke license," it stated.

Tawke is an oil field in the Kurdistan Region.
http://www.rudaw.net/english/business/15022018
And not only that, the Kurds are expected to surpass the Turks in Turkey in population but I don't know if I buy all of this about demographic change.

I think that that "Mount Ararat" where Noah's Ark is suppose to be is in that Eastern part of Turkey where the Kurds are dominant.