Author Topic: She worked 3 part-time jobs to get there, but this U.S. ski jumper is retiring after her first Olym  (Read 641 times)

rangerrebew

She worked 3 part-time jobs to get there, but this U.S. ski jumper is retiring after her first Olympics

Published: Feb 14, 2018 12:21 p.m. ET

Abby Ringquist was one of 15 women ski jumpers who filed the landmark lawsuit to get women’s ski jumping added to the Winter Olympics.

By
Jacob
Passy
Abby Ringquist came in at 29th in the women’s ski jumping competition at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics — and she won’t be returning to improve on that placement.

The 28-year-old resident of Park City, Utah, both made her Olympic debut and competed for the last time on Monday after deciding to retire from the sport following these Olympic Games.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/she-worked-3-part-time-jobs-to-get-there-but-this-us-ski-jumper-is-retiring-after-her-first-olympics-2018-02-14

rangerrebew

Will feminazies use her as an example of the determination, perseverance, and achievement women can experience?  Not on your life.  They are only interested in disruption and hate.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Title 9 of the Olympics!   How quaint.  Add a BS event no one cares about.  Might aswell add womens bowling too.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Title 9 of the Olympics!   How quaint.  Add a BS event no one cares about.  Might aswell add womens bowling too.

Does anyone watch mens' bowling?  Is there a mens' bowling competition?

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Does anyone watch mens' bowling?  Is there a mens' bowling competition?

That might be an event in the summer olyes?
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Basically she determined that the high risk of investment was not worth the reward.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024