Author Topic: Goodbye Food Stamps, Hello Food Boxes!  (Read 736 times)

rangerrebew

Goodbye Food Stamps, Hello Food Boxes!
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:37:59 pm »

10 hours ago
Keely Sharp
Written by Keely Sharp

Are you sick and tired of seeing people abuse the system and get free money for whatever food they want to buy?

Look, I completely understand some people needing assistance. However, when that assistance turns into dependency, and then that dependency turns into abuse, then we have a problem.

https://eaglerising.com/51074/goodbye-food-stamps-hello-food-boxes/

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
Re: Goodbye Food Stamps, Hello Food Boxes!
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:44:16 pm »
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 06:36:42 pm »
10 hours ago
Keely Sharp
Written by Keely Sharp

Are you sick and tired of seeing people abuse the system and get free money for whatever food they want to buy?

Look, I completely understand some people needing assistance. However, when that assistance turns into dependency, and then that dependency turns into abuse, then we have a problem.

https://eaglerising.com/51074/goodbye-food-stamps-hello-food-boxes/
There's already a story about some welfare mother who is upset because she's a vegetarian and wouldn't be allowed to choose her family's meals.
My response...too bad lady. Leeches.  9999hair out0000

Offline WingNot

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 07:04:22 pm »
There's already a story about some welfare mother who is upset because she's a vegetarian and wouldn't be allowed to choose her family's meals.

Forcing kids to be veggies?  The hell yousay.
Call DCFS cus that my friend is child abuse.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 07:10:40 pm »

I'm also a vegetarian and I would also be livid if somebody attempted to choose my family's meals. I prevent that from happening by paying for my own groceries. Maybe that mother could give it a try.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 07:19:44 pm »
I'm also a vegetarian and I would also be livid if somebody attempted to choose my family's meals. I prevent that from happening by paying for my own groceries. Maybe that mother could give it a try.

This would also apply to the gluten-free and peanut (or whatever) allergy crowd.  Before we get too far into the welfare queen mocking, remember that the food stamp program also affects a good amount of military families.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:25:02 pm »
This would also apply to the gluten-free and peanut (or whatever) allergy crowd.  Before we get too far into the welfare queen mocking, remember that the food stamp program also affects a good amount of military families.
And how would the military families be adversely affected? You don't believe exceptions could be made for military families or even non-military families who have children with food allergy problems?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 07:36:25 pm »
Under Obama the qualifying standards were loosened to place more people in eligible categories.

That should be reversed. Poor children get free meals at school. If their parent/parents get EBT then they are double dippers.

How many "poverty" people sport $200 sneakers?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline WingNot

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 07:38:37 pm »
Under Obama the qualifying standards were loosened to place more people in eligible categories.

How many "poverty" people sport $200 sneakers?

To be fair, they rob people for those.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 07:50:09 pm »
And how would the military families be adversely affected? You don't believe exceptions could be made for military families or even non-military families who have children with food allergy problems?

I'm talking about them as separate issues.  The entire point of the kits is to purchase and deliver in bulk to cut cost and increase efficiency.  Once a lot of exceptions are thrown into the mix, you increase cost, complicate logistics, and open yourself to liability when the inevitable government mistakes are made.

As far as the military goes, I just want people to understand the program affects more than the unmotivated of society.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:51:30 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 01:28:22 am »
"Goodbye Food Stamps, Hello Food Boxes!"

How many of those folks are going to starve if they have to use the raw materials (that come "in the boxes") to prepare their meals?

Offline LauraTXNM

• Well-behaved women seldom make history.
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 02:21:27 am »

I saw someone on TOS complaining about disabled vets suffering from this change.  Does that makes sense to anybody?
Micah 6:8  "...what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Disclaimer: I am a liberal, progressive, feminist, here because I like talking to you all.  We're all this together.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 04:26:45 am »
"Goodbye Food Stamps, Hello Food Boxes!"

How many of those folks are going to starve if they have to use the raw materials (that come "in the boxes") to prepare their meals?
Zero. Which, apart from abused children,  is the same number of starving people there are in America despite the claims of the hunger advocates who lie for a living about the numbers.
The only people having hunger problems are most likely the children of abusive parents who deliberately keep food from them, their own kids.

Offline SkyKing

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 11:58:00 am »
Starving obese kids getting meals while their parental unit spends their EBT benefits on junk food.
I've seen gas stations with Bridge cards accepted signs, buy all that high priced convenience food?

I know there are a lot of people who need help. In Detroit the Salvation Army has food trucks that go out in the neighborhoods and they do an incredible job.
All kinds of charaties providing meals.
Schools are feeding the kids, while the parent is barely aware of where and what the kids are doing. And the kids are getting fatter and fatter.

Get jobs buy your own food appropriate to your life style.