Author Topic: Fla. shooting survivor pleads for gun control: ‘We are children, you guys are the adults’  (Read 11936 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
When citizens learn, as they have today, that the "government" was on a witch hunt and frame-up against Trump, and missed numerous warnings over this Florida deadly threat, they have every right to be fully prepared to deal with serious matters on their own. (FBI in both instances)

As in "can't trust the government."

Except our resident Leftist thinks that empowering a self-evident corrupt government with more power to regulate with the goal to eliminate your ability to defend yourself is necessary. Refusal to go along with said proposals are 'selfish'.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

They make a good varmint rifle, but the ordinary .223/5.56 AR fires too small a bullet for deer in many jurisdictions. They are also good for small game and furbearers, but us old school guys will just use a .22.

I bet they'd do just fine on Key Deer.  :laugh:

Offline roamer_1

I bet they'd do just fine on Key Deer.  :laugh:

A .22LR can take down a griz... proven fact, though no one wants to repeat that particular experiment...

Offline RoosGirl

A .22LR can take down a griz... proven fact, though no one wants to repeat that particular experiment...

Bah, yer a yankee. You don't get my joke.

Offline roamer_1

OHREALLY?

If there is a joke, that's true - I don't get it.
But you might care to check your geography before layin down such a sulfurous slur.
 ****slapping

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Maybe then, you are a slave-owner to always rely on that.

Offline roamer_1

@RoosGirl

See that ^^^???

THAT's a Yankee.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready

Of course she is:

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline RoosGirl

OHREALLY?

But you might care to check your geography before layin down such a sulfurous slur.
 ****slapping

LOL  Anyone north of Tallahassee is a yankee to me. ;P

Offline RoosGirl

OHREALLY?

****slapping

Oh yeah, the joke is that Key Deer are endangered.

Offline RoosGirl

I have no clue what that's even supposed to mean, but thanks for proving once again you have absolutely no sense of humor.  Good job.

Offline RoosGirl

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
LOL  Anyone north of Tallahassee is a yankee to me. ;P

@RoosGirl

Careful there Yankee.   I'm further south than you
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline RoosGirl

@RoosGirl

Yeah, now, but I grew up in So Fla.

Offline thackney

Straw man.  No one disagrees with that.  Your job no doubt also requires that you drive a car.   But why shouldn't you be required to register and insure your gun just as you do your car?

Because I don't use my gun on a publicly funded roadway.

I am not required to register and insure my vehicle on my property.  Even if my property is a 1,000 acre shipping terminal or an incorporated ranch.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

"18 school shootings since Jan. 1st...by the same generation that eats laundry detergent...and you wanna say we have a gun problem." (Randy Shook)

Fake news

Florida massacre: No, there have not been 18 school shootings in 2018. Here's why that's all wrong
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/16/florida-massacre-no-there-have-not-been-18-school-shootings-in-2018-heres-why-thats-all-wrong.html

Offline thackney

We are not in a state of rebellion against tyranny.  We have a Constitution, idiot.

And to prevent tyranny, the founders recognize the right to keep and bare arms should not be infringed and made it part of the Constitution, name calling withheld.

Offline thackney

The First Amendment guarantees our right to speech and assembly.  But municipalities can require notifications/licenses to hold a protest on public property, etc.

Yes, but they cannot require notifications, permits or insurance to gather on private property.

Offline thackney

You could say the same thing about the Second Amendment, you know.   Remember the predicate clause about the "well-regulated militia".   

And at the time it was written, the Militia was every able-bodies man.  Not limited to those already in active service, but all who could step up in a time of need.

Offline thackney

So as an eight year old child, did you ever walk into a gun store accompanied by a parent and allowed to break open your piggy bank and allowed to purchase an AR15 and ammo? 22222frying pan

I bought guns and ammo far more powerful than those of an AR15 as a child.  Some states won't allow hunting with a typical AR15 due to the ammo being to weak to make a reliable kill and lending to wounded animals being left after they run off.

The demonization of an AR15 due to the cosmetics is just silly.  Most deer rifles are far more powerful.

Offline jpsb

Maybe it is time to bring back insane asylums and lock crazy people up again.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Maybe it is time to bring back insane asylums and lock crazy people up again.

Maybe it's time for people to do their damned jobs and stop making schools free fire zones for anyone!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jpsb

@RoosGirl

Me too.

Offline thackney

We're not talking "despotism" here, for Chrissake.   *****rollingeyes*****

There is a crisis of gun violence in this nation, and the citizens quite legitimately want to see something done about.   What's par for the course in a Constitutional republic isn't "despotism".   Stop being so damn self-centered and selfish.

It might be viewed differently if what you proposed would likely fix the problem, but it won't.  People already willing to break the law (murder, gun on school grounds, etc) are not going to be stopped by laws that only impact the law abiding.

Offline thackney

There are several states where I can forsee law enforcement and even the Governor refusing to enforce such silly laws.

Kentucky where I'm at now and Texas being two of them.

@txradioguy

Without trying to further hijack the thread, this is an example of why I am against nation reciprocity on conceal carry laws.

A federal government that is forcing New York to accept Texas permits is the same feds that will require Texas to license and insure all guns because California decided to do so.