Author Topic: Romney delays campaign announcement after Florida shooting  (Read 719 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney delays campaign announcement after Florida shooting
« on: February 15, 2018, 03:04:25 am »
Romney delays campaign announcement after Florida shooting
By Josh Delk - 02/14/18 08:29 PM EST

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney said Wednesday night that he will delay his planned Thursday campaign announcement in the wake of a deadly shooting at a South Florida high school.

Romney was set to make an announcement about his expected bid for Senate representing Utah on Thursday.

However, 17 students were killed Wednesday afternoon in a shooting at the Broward County, Florida, school.

"As a father and grandfather, my heart aches for the victims of today’s tragic events. My prayers go out to all of the families and loved ones affected by this senseless act of violence," Romney tweeted. "Out of respect for the victims and their families, I will not be making an announcement tomorrow about the Senate race."

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/373952-romney-delays-campaign-announcement-over-florida-shooting
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: Romney delays campaign announcement after Florida shooting
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 03:07:32 am »
 *****rollingeyes*****

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 04:37:23 am »
I like Mitt to an extent but... what is it with Arizona and now Utah and politicians who are easygoing on immigration? He was tough on it in 2012. Maybe it's just the dreamer issue he is willing to compromise on.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 04:42:57 am »
Dumb ass could give his announcement anyway and no one would care. 

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 04:47:08 am »
This fits in perfectly to some people's conspiracy theories.  A false flag warning from the Illuminati, the CFR, or the Buildiburgers.  Did anybody watch Alex Jones today?  I heard it was just gay frogs again.

Offline anubias

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 04:47:24 am »

Exactly.  Nobody gives a flip a out Mittens.  The only reason he is running is to join the rest of the Senate to help the Dems destroy PDJT.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 04:53:28 am »
Exactly.  Nobody gives a flip a out Mittens.  The only reason he is running is to join the rest of the Senate to help the Dems destroy PDJT.

The guy is a loser. He gives a pre-announcement today for his low key announcement tomorrow so he can somehow sneak into the job without anyone realizing it. With the corrupt GOP apparatus in that state and his shoe in for the Mormon vote he should win the seat by 60%+ but he is such a stiff he is going to make the seat competitive with all his lame ass antics.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 05:24:30 am »
Like him or not, Romney did the right thing.  The focus and attention should be on the victims and families of the school shootings. We as a nation need to come together and implement a strategy to prevent further shootings. Most of our school are gun-free zones, thus making our students open targets.  We need 'security' present in our schools and to allow our teachers to carry.  We cannot  predict when someone is going to go off the deep end and open fire, but perhaps they'd think twice if they knew that they might be met with resistance and fire power. Obviously it is easier to attack or assault the unarmed then it is to attack those with arms. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 05:30:32 am »

@Frank Cannon

Yeah,but thjis way he gets to announce it while NOT announcing it,and gets extra credit for being such a sensitive sissy.

Politicians are so good at having it both ways you have to wonder if they are all bi-sexual.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 05:33:27 am »

@anubias

888high58888  The professional criminal class we call "politicians" just can't stand the thought that a mere amateur who hasn't even spent decades kissing ass and hiding bodies was able to just come in and take the top prize without ever having played the game before.

On top of that,he doesn't owe a single damn one of them any favors,and that makes their heads want to explode. They have no leverage and can call in no favors.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 05:35:47 am »
Like him or not, Romney did the right thing. 

No he didn't. If he was doing the right thing, he would not have done a double announcement. Either he would have announced today and everything would be fine or he would have cancelled his announcement for tomorrow that he didn't pre-announce and no would know a thing. Instead he has injected himself into a story he has no effing business involved in.

Romney is a jackass. 

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 05:50:13 am »
No he didn't. If he was doing the right thing, he would not have done a double announcement. Either he would have announced today and everything would be fine or he would have cancelled his announcement for tomorrow that he didn't pre-announce and no would know a thing. Instead he has injected himself into a story he has no effing business involved in.

Romney is a jackass.

I saw it as his intent was already announced/speculated days ago and he was simply stating that it would be delayed due to the shooting. As for him being a jackass; many politicians seem to fit into that category these days.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline anubias

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 12:00:53 am »
I saw it as his intent was already announced/speculated days ago and he was simply stating that it would be delayed due to the shooting. As for him being a jackass; many politicians seem to fit into that category these days.

True.  But Romney is in a class right up there with McNasty, Corker, Rubio, Flake, and the rest of thee cabal.  He will fit right in there.

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 12:11:33 am »
Like him or not, Romney did the right thing.  The focus and attention should be on the victims and families of the school shootings. We as a nation need to come together and implement a strategy to prevent further shootings. Most of our school are gun-free zones, thus making our students open targets.  We need 'security' present in our schools and to allow our teachers to carry.  We cannot  predict when someone is going to go off the deep end and open fire, but perhaps they'd think twice if they knew that they might be met with resistance and fire power. Obviously it is easier to attack or assault the unarmed then it is to attack those with arms.

What planet do you live on?  Right thing?  Mittens people told him to go into hiding till the coast cleared and there was a free camera to get his mug on.  I figure he'll be in front of camera by Monday.
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 04:05:53 am »
What planet do you live on?  Right thing?  Mittens people told him to go into hiding till the coast cleared and there was a free camera to get his mug on.  I figure he'll be in front of camera by Monday.

Yup. The School Shooting will be the lead story till then, and Mittens wants Coverage.

He won't Get the top slot/lead news story till After viewers tire of the shooting.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2018, 07:16:04 am »
Yup. The School Shooting will be the lead story till then, and Mittens wants Coverage.

He won't Get the top slot/lead news story till After viewers tire of the shooting.

@To-Whose-Benefit?   888high58888

Offline WingNot

• Resident TBR Curmudgeon
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2018, 02:00:18 pm »
This fits in perfectly to some people's conspiracy theories.  A false flag warning from the Illuminati, the CFR, or the Buildiburgers.  Did anybody watch Alex Jones today?  I heard it was just gay frogs again.

The gay frog show was rescheduled.  The frogs were none too happy about it either. 
"I'm a man, but I changed, because I had to. Oh well."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2018, 04:56:40 pm »

Romney is a jackass.

@Frank Cannon

The only thing new is he now an older and more experienced jackass than he used to be.

BTW,did you hear that Uncle Joe Biden is now thinking about running in 2020? Since when has  Uncle Joe ever done any thinking?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:59:27 pm by sneakypete »