Author Topic: BREAKING>> Active Shooter Florida High School... Developing... Multiple victims...  (Read 24751 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Police report   on the Cruz shooting.

Thanks for posting. Stuff like this is usually best looked back into After other info is released.

Good to have it on file.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
Fox News reporting 'the FBI did NOT FOLLOW PROTOCAL, Miami office NOT NOTIFIED'

Blood of 17 on Comey's FBI; too busy framing Trump to protect Americans from known serious threat of harm.
Not gonna lie, I felt bad for the Miami Field Office rep having to answer questions about why the DC FBIs fouled up. 

But if we're going to sell our freedoms for some nebulous guarantees of safety, we don't deserve either.  (Paraphrasing a FF here)
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Schizophrenics hear voices.  It may be a strong indication that the lack of drugs was a factor.

Schizophrenia typically manifests itself at around that age - late teens to early 20's. And it is a horrendous disease that affects the wealthy and the poor and everyone in between.

For several years I worked as a finance manager of a private social work agency. They provided private case management and psychotherapy and ran a group home for schizophrenics among other services like providing hospitals and school systems with social workers (licensed MSW’s) on either a temporary or long term basis.

One of our “clients” was a 40 something year old man who had firsts been diagnosed with schizophrenia in his early 20’s. From what I understood and knew about him, early on in his life, he was very normal and actually exceptionally bright, a promising mathematician and on track to become an aerospace engineer and his parents, who seemed to be good and deeply religious (Jewish) people, and were quite wealthy and loved him dearly.

But his schizophrenia really started manifesting while he was in grad school and his parents had him committed to a private and well known psychiatric hospital several times, but since he had by then reached adulthood, they couldn’t keep him there against his will unless he was posing a real and credible threat to himself or others. As long as he was on his meds and getting counseling and psychiatric care, he was OK, no - not quite normal, but not stark raving mad.

But as his schizophrenia and its delusions and paranoia got worse and worse, he became increasingly non-compliant and preferred living on the streets and homeless and his parents couldn’t do anything about it until he was arrested for threating people or committing petty theft, but even then it was typically a 48-hour hold.

I remember him coming in to get counselling as a condition to get his small allowance, which would have been increased if he only he would agree to living in a group home and taking his meds. But he would comply just enough to get his small allowance and then disappear for weeks or months at a time. And OMG! he stunk to high heaven. I can’t begin to describe the extreme BO he had.

He would come into our office to get his “allowance” that his parents provided in hopes that it would be the carrot as opposed to a stick to get him into a more stable and controlled and safe environment. I’d had interactions with him when his social worker walked him to my office to get his allowance. Sometimes he was charming and engaging and obviously highly intelligent, even sometimes showed empathy like the day he saw me with a walking cast on my ankle due to a severe sprain and asked me about it and wanted to know that I was OK and not in too much pain, but at other times - not so much.

Most others in the office including some of the social workers were afraid of him and didn’t want to have anything to do with him nor be anywhere near him because of his stench and unpredictable. 

One day he came in unexpected and knew enough to come to me as he knew I kept the petty cash (and FWIW, my office was outside of the main office and so no one but me knew he was there – not a good security set up in retrospect which was later changed).

He wanted his allowance and when I told him that I couldn’t give it to him unless he saw his social worker first as was the agreement, he freaked out and shouted and then screamed at me and called me the worst names imaginable and threatened to kill me unless I gave him his $20.

But I kept my composure and in my calmest and the most reassuring voice I could muster - what I used to and still, call my “Mister Rogers” voice (which I’ve sometimes found also helpful in dealing with toddlers having a meltdown), I talked him down enough that I could, under the guise of not having the cash in my office, to call for help.

I left that job about a year later and still to this day wonder what ever happened to him. I didn’t see him as a bad or evil person or demon possessed, although sometimes he acted that way, but rather I saw him as being a very sick person.  By the Grace of (fill in your deity here) go I (or you or someone you love).
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

• Wulf Anson Author
"I remember him coming in to get counselling as a condition to get his small allowance, which would have been increased if he only he would agree to living in a group home and taking his meds. But he would comply just enough to get his small allowance and then disappear for weeks or months at a time. And OMG! he stunk to high heaven. I can’t begin to describe the extreme BO he had."

And there you have it folks.

Put yourself in the Patient's shoes.

Seems pretty off putting to live that way, don't it?

And yet the Patient Still PREFERRED all of that over the Mental Health system.

Makes you wonder which could be worse.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
"I remember him coming in to get counselling as a condition to get his small allowance, which would have been increased if he only he would agree to living in a group home and taking his meds. But he would comply just enough to get his small allowance and then disappear for weeks or months at a time. And OMG! he stunk to high heaven. I can’t begin to describe the extreme BO he had."

You are as usual, completely missing the point.

When he took his meds he was at least somewhat functional and civil and when he wasn’t when taking them, he was living on the streets, dumpster diving for food, sleeping in doorways for warmth and was either or harassing or outright threatening people or even sometimes violently attacking them because the “voices” in his head told him to, and he was arrested for being a peeping tom (and FWIW, he liked stalking little girls).  And one of the great fears was that the “peeping tom” stuff might one day go way beyond that, into a full out sexual assault.

On one hand, I don’t like the idea of the “state” forcing people to take meds or be institutionalized against their will, but when you are dealing with a seriously mentally ill person, understand that they cannot make rational decisions for themselves and when they are not able to function or care for themselves or pose a risk to society I think society has a vested interest in not only caring for them, but also protecting us from them and if that includes meds and forced confinement into a mental institution, so be it.

But I guess you think because of your hatred of all mediations and the psychiatric profession, that you would rather see someone like him living on the streets and sometimes posing real threats to his own wellbeing and to others.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

When he took his meds he was at least somewhat functional and civil and when he wasn’t when taking them, he was living on the streets, dumpster diving for food, sleeping in doorways for warmth and was either or harassing or outright threatening people or even sometimes violently attacking them because the “voices” in his head told him to, and he was arrested for being a peeping tom (and FWIW, he liked stalking little girls).  And one of the great fears was that the “peeping tom” stuff might one day go way beyond that, into a full out sexual assault.

On one hand, I don’t like the idea of the “state” forcing people to take meds or be institutionalized against their will, but when you are dealing with a seriously mentally ill person, understand that they cannot make rational decisions for themselves and when they are not able to function or care for themselves or pose a risk to society I think society has a vested interest in not only caring for them, but also protecting us from them and if that includes meds and forced confinement into a mental institution, so be it.

But I guess you think because of your hatred of all mediations and the psychiatric profession, that you would rather see someone like him living on the streets and sometimes posing real threats to his own wellbeing and to others.

@Neverdul

I think the point is the drugs aren't a cure.  All they do is cover up the symptoms and have severe side effects.  Our mental health system is broken and people are dying because of it.

Sorry if that makes you feel bad but it's not an attack on you.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline NavyCanDo

My son on the autism spectrum and attention defficate takes meds, and if he were to miss his morning dose before school which has happened a few times we are guaranteed to get a call from the school for being pulled out of class for disruptive uncontrollerable  behavior. But on meds, he is a very normal student as far as his behavior and attention paid in class.   At one time I was one of those that thought meds and bad parenting was the root cause for these kids. Seeing this first hand with my own chimed was an eye opener.

That said, there was a great article in Scientific American called "Autisms Drug Problem" About the drug cocktailsmany of these  kids take. There is little study about how the mixture of different drugs and the negative effects to  psychiatric drugs they may be taking. And that some symptoms like tics and impulse control can become worse because of the mixture of drugs.

Drugs can be the answer to a lot of problems, or can make the situation worse.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline driftdiver

My son on the autism spectrum and attention defficate takes meds, and if he were to miss his morning dose before school which has happened a few times we are guaranteed to get a call from the school for being pulled out of class for disruptive uncontrollerable  behavior. But on meds, he is a very normal student as far as his behavior and attention paid in class.   At one time I was one of those that thought meds and bad parenting was the root cause for these kids. Seeing this first hand with my own chimed was an eye opener.

That said, there was a great article in Scientific American called "Autisms Drug Problem" About the drug cocktailsmany of these  kids take. There is little study about how the mixture of different drugs and the negative effects to  psychiatric drugs they may be taking. And that some symptoms like tics and impulse control can become worse because of the mixture of drugs.

I was listening to a radio program on it one time.   They said 12% of the kids in Massachusetts were on Ritalin

Offline Lando Lincoln

@Neverdul

I think the point is the drugs aren't a cure.  All they do is cover up the symptoms and have severe side effects.  Our mental health system is broken and people are dying because of it.

Sorry if that makes you feel bad but it's not an attack on you.

Agreed. The medical profession in general has limitations. Oncologists lose patients. Cardiologists lose patients. Mental health professionals lose patients. This, despite using all the tools available.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

• Wulf Anson Author

We have criminal laws.

When and if 'He' violates them, arrest him.

As for his own 'wellbeing' sending the State in to force him to do what the State considers in his best interest, is a very progressive POV.

Take a Bow.

• Wulf Anson Author

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Perhaps your son is one of the exceptions. I don't know. But I DO know that there are FAR too many children walking around zonked today because the folks around them are too damned lazy and preoccupied with other things to do their jobs as parents and teachers.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I was listening to a radio program on it one time.   They said 12% of the kids in Massachusetts were on Ritalin

Wonder how the good folks in Massachusetts handled such children before there was any Ritalin?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agreed. The medical profession in general has limitations. Oncologists lose patients. Cardiologists lose patients. Mental health professionals lose patients. This, despite using all the tools available.

EVERY doctor is going to lose ALL their patients eventually!  Fact of life!  ALL a doctor can do is try to make the time you have left of as high a quality as possible!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

Perhaps your son is one of the exceptions. I don't know. But I DO know that there are FAR too many children walking around zonked today because the folks around them are too damned lazy and preoccupied with other things to do their jobs as parents and teachers.

Parents and teachers, even the terrible ones don't prescribe medication unless they have a MD behind their name. The medication regiment usually start with a trip to the family doctor, who wonder what  the hell is happening with Johnny. If the doctor is good he or she will recognize systems and if it looks like ASD or ADD, the parents would get a referral to  a specialist who can better evaluate what's going on in that little head.  I could write a whole page on the life of a young boy on the autism spectrum seeing it first hand, but I can tell you this I do not know how our family could have stayed together without the help of good doctors with his interest in mind.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Parents and teachers, even the terrible ones don't prescribe medication unless they have a MD behind their name. The medication regiment usually start with a trip to the family doctor, who wonder what  the hell is happening with Johnny. If the doctor is good he or she will recognize systems and if it looks like ASD or ADD, the parents would get a referral to  a specialist who can better evaluate what's going on in that little head.  I could write a whole page on the life of a young boy on the autism spectrum seeing it first hand, but I can tell you this I do not know how our family could have stayed together without the help of good doctors with his interest in mind.

I'm truly happy that has all worked out well for you. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Wulf Anson Author
Wonder how the good folks in Massachusetts handled such children before there was any Ritalin?

Laboratory grade speed.

College students get strung out on it using it to study.

It works for about 3 years, and then, the remainder of their life is that of a burnt out speed freak.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

No, he was sick.  Good grief.   **nononono*

Offline driftdiver

@Bigun

I think they said "go outside and play"

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Schizophrenia typically manifests itself at around that age - late teens to early 20's. And it is a horrendous disease that affects the wealthy and the poor and everyone in between.

I left that job about a year later and still to this day wonder what ever happened to him. I didn’t see him as a bad or evil person or demon possessed, although sometimes he acted that way, but rather I saw him as being a very sick person.  By the Grace of (fill in your deity here) go I (or you or someone you love).

Powerful story, @Neverdul.

And, some of those people who take care of the sickest of the sick are angels. 

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun

I think they said "go outside and play"

Or perhaps "the garden needs weeding!"

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

• Wulf Anson Author
No, he was sick.  Good grief.   **nononono*

@Neverdul tried to blow me off by marginalizing me as a "Hater".

Consider the frame of reference, the automatic genulflection, the bending of the knee, that's been ingrained into society by this con job.

Then cite me an actual cure.

Psych is not one electron, proton or neutron closer to curing anything than it was in Joseph Mengele's experiments.